What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
As yet I’ve never managed to make it. I’d planned to go last year, and again this year but … so I’m really keen to give it a go next year.

What’s the form; do people tend to go for the whole thing, or just stay a day? Where are the recommended places for accommodation? Do I need to start booking now?
By Iceman
@GrahamB, definitely worth the trip. The best aviation show in Europe, and with a nice setting on Lake Constance with the Alps as a backdrop. We typically fly down on the Thursday for a whole day Friday and most of the day Saturday at the show. Accommodation in Friedrichshafen itself is normally difficult to find so we normally stay at the picturesque town of Meersburg, a little to the west on the lakeside. I will start looking at accommodation for there fairly soon. Arrivals are subject to slot times, slot allocation being opened up just a week before the show.

Iceman 8)
Last edited by Iceman on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrahamB liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
Wot he said.

The timing for next year cannot be better really as it is well into April and the weather there then is traditionally very nice.

Also for non-flying companions so much to do that it is no problem to convince them to come along. An excellent opportunity to start the spring.

CU there.
GrahamB liked this