What are you planning? Where shall we go?
Iceman wrote:@GrahamB, definitely worth the trip. The best aviation show in Europe, and with a nice setting on Lake Constance with the Alps as a backdrop. We typically fly down on the Thursday for a whole day Friday and most of the day Saturday at the show. Accommodation in Friedrichshafen itself is normally difficult to find so we normally stay at the picturesque town of Meersburg, a little to the west on the lakeside. I will start looking at accommodation for there fairly soon. Arrivals are subject to slot times, slot allocation being opened up just a week before the show.

Iceman 8)

A good alternative is fly to Konstanz (EDTZ) and catch the high speed ferry across to the show.
bogopper, Iceman, Dave W liked this
Yes indeed.
Very welcoming at Konstanz - Landing and parking for the three days was only a few Euros and I seem to recall the ferry being around 20Euro return, with a (free?) bus service running regularly between town and the show.

Best bit for us VFR types though was the freedom to arrive and depart Konstanz at a time of our choosing, which was handy in tricky changeable weather.
Iceman liked this
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@Iceman: Can't immediately remember the name off-hand but it's a cheap'n'cheerful Gasthaus just behind the Zeppelin museum.

(Well, when I say "cheap", it is AERO week...)
Iceman liked this
By Iceman
All, EuroGA is organising an evening meal in Friedrichshafen on the Friday night. Anyone interested in that or are people happy to make it up as they go ? I’d expect that we’d be eating in Meersburg on the Thursday night.

Iceman 8)
By Iceman
Please do @Flyin'Dutch'. It would be great to meet up :thumright:. There is a number of us staying in Meersburg. There’s a few restaurants on the pleasant waterfront there.

@Flyin'Dutch', you appear to have PMs disabled here, hence I’ve replied on messenger.

Iceman 8)
Flyin'Dutch' liked this