What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
:mrgreen: I'll be there :mrgreen:

Ian has kindly offered Flyer lanyards so we can ID each other. Either collect at the stand at LAA rally or he'll post me some when we know numbers. (I can't go to LAA rally, conflicting social whirl)
tr7v8 liked this
By Milty
Would have been good to put faces to posters/avatars but will be slap bang in the middle of a kitchen refit at home at that time. Enjoy, and maybe will get the chance to meet up in the future on some XC flights.
tr7v8, T6Harvard liked this
By JAFO
Highland Park wrote:I think The Shiny Colt could do with a return visit, so I’ll plan to be there.

If only I was the shape of a human being, Ian, rather than being 6ft tall with a 3in inside leg, perhaps I could have been there, too. :cry:

Have fun. :D
Highland Park liked this
By Cessna571
Careful to anyone flying in, it’s a “flying day”, which lately has meant DX is closed on and off for most of the afternoon.

Make sure you get the schedule from the Tower, and brief where Fowlmere is in case you need a divert.

I’ll be there, and I’ve booked our aircraft, so if any students fancy being taken for a local flight I can oblige (as I need to pass on a couple of student flights I was given!)

Be nice to meet everyone.
T6Harvard, JAFO, tr7v8 liked this
By T6Harvard
Sounds like it's coming together nicely.

Any suggestions for how to distribute Flyer forum lanyards in advance to those without and where to meet up on the day?

I'm happy to pm my mobile to attendees the day before if that will help?

@Global moderators , please could you merge the 2 Duxford 9th Oct threads? Thank you.
By Rob P
ISTR my last attempt at getting any response from the Duxford FISOs by email was notably unsuccessful.

Has this changed recently?

Rob P
By TopCat
Rob P wrote:ISTR my last attempt at getting any response from the Duxford FISOs by email was notably unsuccessful.

Has this changed recently?

I emailed them the other day, asking about flying in on the day and got a very nice response the next day:

Good Morning,

I am pleased to tell you that GA visitors are able to fly into Duxford for Showcase days and tickets are able to be purchased on the day – if you have access to a smart phone. I have a note here that says that there is a QR code to scan in the visitor centre.

Usually we request people arrive by around 1130L, there is no display schedule yet but they are usually from around 1300-1500L. As soon as the last display item is parked you are then able to re-access your aircraft for your departure. It is worth checking this closer to the time when the display schedule is published.

I hope this has helped.

We hope to see you on October the 9th!
Rob P, T6Harvard, tr7v8 liked this
By Rob P
That saved me some effort. Thanks :thumleft:

Rob P
By StratoTramp
This is a great idea, If you do another one I'd be interested. Duxford isn't a million miles away.

I've got an experience flight booked in an Ikarus down at Dunkeswell of all places on the 10th, but driving down on the 9th :lol: parents in the area. Officially: Market research before I buy. Unofficially: Anyone PLEASE just get me in the sky again!

Who knows... if it happens next year maybe Harvard and I can fly ourselves in... :thumleft: admittedly it would take me just as long to drive to my airfield than Duxford. But flying is flying!
tr7v8, T6Harvard liked this