What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By BobD
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I managed the relatively short hop from the east, but it was scud running all the way. Also left quite early, as the forecast after lunchtime was not too good, but turned out better than the morning.
This was not what Simon promised us. I suggested to the Bossman he should have a quiet word..... :shock:
rohmer, Iceman liked this
Went for a ride to Henstridge and back.
The Warrior I had booked was cancelled, aircraft became unavailable. A common problem I am told... I want my own Condor.
The Paul who was coming with me decided to drive.

Another disappointment to add to the list for Covid 19 in 2020 and 2021.

‘Wish I was in Thailand.
T6Harvard liked this
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I had a marvellous time, thanks to Iceman who generously mitigated a sickly Jodel situation, and to the Truly Magnificent Company.

The additional components of that Truly Magnificent Company that couldn't make it today shall be met and thanked some other time. Soon. :D
Cessna571, Iceman liked this
We made it from Duxford.

The cloud base stuck at 1800’ all the way there and we had to fly around a few showers, which were well defined and a few miles across.

Till we got near Gloucester and there was a massive one, just north of our track.

We considered whether we’d have been able to go around it if it straddled our route, decided we could have (by spending 5 minutes flying north behind it) and then pressed on.

It was worth it, the hills/scenery/topology around Sleap is amazing, especially if you usually fly over the flatness of the south east.

Thank you to Ian and the team for the tea, coffee and cakes and the warm welcome.

Really nice to see everyone.

Our journey home was a zig zag around showers/storms, but all well defined, we’d already discussed that gethomeitis would not be an issue, and we were prepared to land anywhere and then sort things out if we needed to.

Got home just fine in the end, and even did a detour to look at some rainbows on the way.

4.5 hours flying in 1 day is my new record.
Was challenging, but worth it.

When / where is the next one ?
T6Harvard, Iceman, Paul_Sengupta and 1 others liked this