What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:These events are always similar. People sit in groups critiquing everyone else's landing, sharing the same old stories and eating fair quantities of food. Face to name putting is the main function, plus a certain amount of nosing around other people's aeroplanes.

No one told me any human interaction was required. Not sure I like the sound of that...
2Donkeys, GrahamB and 1 others liked this
By GrahamB
TopCat wrote:
Rob P wrote:These events are always similar. People sit in groups critiquing everyone else's landing, sharing the same old stories and eating fair quantities of food. Face to name putting is the main function, plus a certain amount of nosing around other people's aeroplanes.

No one told me any human interaction was required. Not sure I like the sound of that...

Fear not TC, we can nerd out together on Grummans, that will keep you safe from the illiterati.
By TopCat
GrahamB wrote:
TopCat wrote:

Fear not TC, we can nerd out together on Grummans, that will keep you safe from the illiterati.

And critique their landings, right? Do you think we might see a nosewheel aircraft land mains first? Not sure when I saw that last. Maybe @Fellsteruk will, he hasn't had time to forget how yet...
I'm going for an 0500Z slot. I hate landing with an audience :oops:

Rob P
By TopCat
Fellsteruk wrote:
Rob P wrote:I'm going for an 0500Z slot. I hate landing with an audience :oops:

I’ll be having a nervous lunchtime approach :)

Be afraid, be very afraid. Up till now, it's just been your instructor watching. :shock:

Just kidding. In reality, if you're on the approach and you have spare brain cycles for even thinking about, much less worrying about, what this bunch of curmudgeonly old farts might think, even if they can remember to watch, then you're not concentrating enough on what you're doing... :thumright:
Rob P and 1 others liked this