What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
TopCat wrote:
GrahamB wrote:So the answer is “it depends”, but it would be a wise precaution to bring along details of how you fulfil the qualification criteria, written in Chinagraph on the scruffy remains of a printed SD PLOG (at least five years old) with a sworn affidavit notarised by a suitable member of the legal profession, and stained with Avgas (or previously used as a temporary funnel when topping up the oil).

Hmm. I wasn't using SD 5 years ago, and printing them out is just silly in any case, as is the whole concept of a PLOG. What's the point of all those numbers, anyway.

Could we compromise on smudged and therefore illegible felt tip (original 1992 set, virtually unused since NFT) on an out of date map?

I admire your Grumpy-like quality of trying to bend the rules, but it really won't do. Top-tip: create a route in SD dated over five years ago, change the system date on your PC, and print the plog. Then do what you have to do to give it an authentic patina.

I really couldn't make it any easier for you.
TopCat liked this
By TopCat
GrahamB wrote:
TopCat wrote:
GrahamB wrote:So the answer is “it depends”, but it would be a wise precaution to bring along details of how you fulfil the qualification criteria, written in Chinagraph on the scruffy remains of a printed SD PLOG (at least five years old) with a sworn affidavit notarised by a suitable member of the legal profession, and stained with Avgas (or previously used as a temporary funnel when topping up the oil).

Hmm. I wasn't using SD 5 years ago, and printing them out is just silly in any case, as is the whole concept of a PLOG. What's the point of all those numbers, anyway.

Could we compromise on smudged and therefore illegible felt tip (original 1992 set, virtually unused since NFT) on an out of date map?

I admire your Grumpy-like quality of trying to bend the rules, but it really won't do. Top-tip: create a route in SD dated over five years ago, change the system date on your PC, and print the plog. Then do what you have to do to give it an authentic patina.

I really couldn't make it any easier for you.

Dear me, as a Grumpy you're certainly well-named. I'm shocked that after all these years, the gang seems to be going all gaga over flippin' rules.

Whatever next, employment at the CAA?

I suppose I shall have to comply, but don't expect it to be pretty....
GrahamB liked this
By PeteSpencer
Yep: I'll be there now I've sorted Aircraft Booking System glitch which had defaulted to 2020.!

Sampled Shawbury's excellent traffic service yesterday on the way to Graham B land at Welshpool, which I am assured is in Wales...... :roll:

Never had a MATZ penetration ‘not below 2400 ft before

SE 2 was going ape- sh it with rotary :wink:

Must dig out my Flyer lanyard. :thumright:
By Fellsteruk
PeteSpencer wrote:Yep: I'll be there now I've sorted Aircraft Booking System glitch which had defaulted to 2020.!

Sampled Shawbury's excellent traffic service yesterday on the way to Graham B land at Welshpool, which I am assured is in Wales...... :roll:

Never had a MATZ penetration ‘not below 2400 ft before

SE 2 was going ape- sh it with rotary :wink:

Must dig out my Flyer lanyard. :thumright:

I have transit the matz a lot, not below 2400 is pretty normal for them as it keeps you above/ clear of the ATZ however they will also often clear you at 2,100 on QFE which I hate because trying to stay at that when it’s thermal is a pita especially when you’ve got 15 choppers wizzing about and sleap traffic . Lol
By Fellsteruk
If you PPR on the flyer website using the form I believe this removes the need to call them.

However on that note I completed the form but I’ve not had confirmation of PPR has anyone else?
By 2Donkeys
The organisation and quality of information on the flyin via the website is pretty poor. I filled in the form to say that I intended to go, but received no confirmation. It isn’t clear if filling in the form gives you PPR. It feels a bit unloved with only a couple of weeks to go.
Fellsteruk wrote:If you PPR on the flyer website using the form I believe this removes the need to call them.

However on that note I completed the form but I’ve not had confirmation of PPR has anyone else?

I can’t find a form!
By Fellsteruk
Yeah Info is a little light but they keep talking about it on live stream so I think it has love just maybe a lack of clarity for the event.

The link to PPR is below was emailed to me not sure if I’m allowed to share with it being open to members only I think but I’m sure an admin with remove if not.

https://www.flyer.co.uk/flyer-club-fly-in-sleap/

Would be good to get a view of exactly what’s on offer and agenda etc etc

Personally I’m flying in with a friend as her first time flying with me so providing we can get a drink n food and sit on the grass I’m good don’t need anything else but I did hear the mention of BBQ...
Fellsteruk wrote:
Would be good to get a view of exactly what’s on offer and agenda etc etc

These events are always similar. People sit in groups critiquing everyone else's landing, sharing the same old stories and eating fair quantities of food. Face to name putting is the main function, plus a certain amount of nosing around other people's aeroplanes.

Rob P
Dusty_B liked this