What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Iceman wrote:I’m looking forward to Simon’s weekend forecast tomorrow. The pressure charts indicate troughs and a cold front moving south over the weekend, both of which could generate ‘interesting’ weather.

I'm thinking it's looking fairly doable at the moment. Unless you're coming from Cornwall or Devon, in which case there'll be some showers to dodge. Well, or from north of the front, but no one lives in Scotland.
TopCat wrote:
Iceman wrote:I’m looking forward to Simon’s weekend forecast tomorrow. The pressure charts indicate troughs and a cold front moving south over the weekend, both of which could generate ‘interesting’ weather.

I'm thinking it's looking fairly doable at the moment. Unless you're coming from Cornwall or Devon, in which case there'll be some showers to dodge.

As some of us are planning to do. At least the destination looks to be clear, though routing might not be direct
Iceman, rohmer liked this
Duncan M wrote:Cessna571,
Where are you reading this? Is there a special arrivals proc for fly in?
I fly out of Sleap and circuits are left hand.
They do indeed change during the week to accommodate the training helis from
Shawbury but as far as I know you can expect LH at weekends.

SkyDemon says RH 05 and 36, with nothing else mentioned.

The Sleap website says the same, but underneath, in caps “Saturday and Sunday, all circuits LH”

“Overhead joins at 2000’ QFE unless aerobatics are taking place, the you can join at circuit height”
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
FlightDek wrote:What do I do when I can't remember what time I said I'd arrive in my PPR application?
:think:

You could always give them a call first thing, but I doubt that your arrival timing is that critical as no slots have been allocated, hence everyone could be turning up at the same time anyway :D.

Iceman 8)
FlightDek liked this
Sleap Circuits

Cessna571, yes I see what you are saying. With the following caveat
I’m not involved in the fly in and there may be special arrangements that I don’t know about.

At the weekend all circuits at Sleap are LH.

Arrangements in the week to allow the Shawbury helicopter training can be different.
Normally Shawbury helis operate on the western side of the airfield meaning a left hand circuit on the northern runways 36 and 05 would conflict with those ops . So 0900 to 1700
during weekdays 36 and 05 have RH circuit
23 and 18 remainLH as these circuits are to the east of the airfield and therefore don’t affect the rotary ops on western side.