What are you planning? Where shall we go?
The Vale of York Strut will be hosting a 2 day fly in at Rufforth East to celebrate all things aviation. If you sit in it, on it, under it, you are welcome.
BGA and BMAA Simulators will be there, as will the LAA.
Sun 1st August will be special as we are celebrating Yorkshire Day.
Rufforth East is less than 4 miles from York City centre, so bring the wife, husband, partner, etc.
Camping on Airfield from Friday onwards.
A temporary AIP will be published to make the visit easier for less experienced visitors.
Evening bar and live entertainment with food too.
mick w, JAFO, Dave W liked this
Quick update on the Vale of York Strut fly in at Rufforth East.
IT'S ON
31st, Theme, We All Fly. If you sit in it, on it or under it, you will be welcome.
1st, Yorkshire day. Get thissen ower fer a good Kall.
Catering sorted,
Entertainment sorted,
Camping sorted,
Temporary procedures for arrival/departures Sorted.
Taxis on standby for lifts to York(Less than 4 miles to Minster) sorted.
Weight shift and sail plane Simulators with trial flights sorted,
Meet the LAA day sorted.
Be there or be........ Somewhere else.
Procedures and final details will be published at least 2 weeks before event.
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
ak7274 wrote: Be there or be........ Somewhere else.

Never been to Rufforth - either East or West. I notice that they're really the same site.

Is it possible to land on the long runway at Rufforth West and then taxy down the disused one in between?

Getting into 500m would be no bother, and I'd almost certainly be fine getting out of 500m unless it's boiling hot, no wind, and I've been piling on the pies in the meantime, but it would be nice if the longer one was available as an alternative.
23 is 600 mtrs with another 150 mtrs grass overrun.
An issue would be that we expect a lot of visitors and may need to be flexible with parking, so using non published runways and taxy ways would create problems.
We have experimented with aircraft of different types from Jodel to coarse pitched RVs and our temporary procedures have been trialled to work.
Looking at updating Pooleys/AFE after the fly in, as it looks complicated and there is no need for marking circuit patterns for aircraft that have no chance of making 200mtr runways. For the general aviator, we only use 23/05.
Shame about the weather - we dodged several heavy showers on way up - as not many aircraft made this Event.

Rufforth East was new to me and is a great airfield with terrific facilities including wide range of aerial activities, a cafe balcony overlooking the airfield and just a short taxi ride to York.
mick w liked this