What are you planning? Where shall we go?
I looked at it, and it didn't appeal (leaving aide the likely number of co-borders). It had the look of a railway truck at a platform...

I did wonder whether a fly-in during the day on Saturday, followed by a night on the town (socially distanced etc etc) in Dundee might be the way to go.
There's an excellent steak restaurant in Dundee centre, and an even more excellent tapas restaurant a few miles taxi ride away,

The Weatherspoon is actually not bad either, but lacks Simon and cakes.

Rob P
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
Is that a bad thing?

For the most part, the people I fly with don't care about the flight or the airfield. They measure the flight in terms of how quick and comfortable it was, and they measure the airfield in terms of how quickly they can leave it and how close it is to the place they really want to see.

The idea of staying in something which looks like a converted goods van overnight does not float their boat.

New Hall Mains looks like a very decent alternative where the airport and the destination are one and the same, but where the levels of luxury and comfort promised keep the passengers happy.

With a different set of passengers (old blokes who don't mind standing around in a windy field talking about aviation and stuff), I rather hope to get to Easter for the fly-in, but (and here's the issue), the last thing in the world I would want to do would be to share a converted goods wagon with those same old blokes overnight.
Kemble Pitts, Iceman, Pete L and 3 others liked this