What are you planning? Where shall we go?
Was indeed a great fly-in :thumright:

I did feel a bit for the chap in the Europa , .who through no fault of his own had to go-around twice . But glad to see his patience was rewarded eventually .

Also the guy in the high-wing [Zenair 701 ?] who just caught the hump on the Rwy06 threshold [ know it well :D ] but greased it on with the 2nd attempt :thumright:

There was only one aeroplane whose pilot didn't appear to very well self briefed and whose airmanship could've potentially been a problem . But I do not believe he is of this parish , so will not pursue this any further [on here] .

ChampChump wrote:I suspect Chris M thinks I'm getting too old to walk from the executive parking ... :lol:

Nah mate ! :D . It's just that some aviators get more respect from me than others .... :wink: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I'm sure that you were one of the least decrepit aviators who flew in today Nic ... :D
ChampChump liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The event of the year and the only place which was IFR was around Andover! Argh!

METAR EGVP 030650Z AUTO 09005KT 6000 // OVC003/// 16/15 Q1019=
METAR EGVP 030750Z AUTO 09005KT 8000 // BKN007/// 17/15 Q1019=
METAR EGVP 030850Z AUTO 13006KT 9999 // OVC009/// 19/16 Q1019=

Sorry I couldn't make it, I caught up with a few friends at Kemble a bit later.
Furthermore .. I doesn't seem right to reflect upon such a great fly-in [sorry Paul] and not mention the record breaking amount of money collected .

Much of the credit for this is due to the brilliant efforts of Mrs Ridders / aka Mrs Cake / aka Samsonite .

Her methods of parting folk from their cash are a joy to behold ;

" Every penny collected goes to the air-ambulance , so how much change would you like from your twenty pound note Sir ". .................... Take a bow Caz.... :thumright:
ChampChump, Dave W, Ridders liked this
The air ambulance wasn't quite what I expected!

A visitor from Goodwood with the new clubhouse

The new clubhouse

I too would like to add my thanks to David, Gerry and everyone there who helped make such a great day.

Deanland punches well above its weight and a gem of a place deserving of wider recognition.
Last edited by CloudHound on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave W liked this
By Ridders
An update on the day - firstly a massive Thank You to everyone who attended and all that donated to charity at the Deanland Breakfast Fly-in 2019! So many Flyer Forum visitors, it was brilliant to chat to those who came over and said hello.

The weather was kind to us (sorry Paul S...) with sunshine all day. At the volunteers briefing at 8.30 I just knew it was going to be a good one and right on queue as my briefing finished we got our first aircraft call up - JollyRog and QSD in the Cub from Redhill, starting our day off in tail draggy style.

Samsonite (Mrs Cake) tells me we had a total of 54 aircraft, the last arrival (on the day) being what is now perhaps to become a tradition: DaveW in his Jodel. :wink: Actually the very last aircraft arrived a whole day late, another Cub who unfortunately had got the wrong day. [They had a breakfast cooked for them anyway!]

Helpers ranged from all our marshalers including the legendary “umpire” Peter, to the team who not only provided but also cooked and served all the food on the day, the multiple cake bakers and of course the team helping me over on the A/G radio truck - with phone and the comms radios we use. This year I even had plotters and a plotting board :) oh and Chris in his jeep ferrying the VIPs of course. :wink:

We have some splendid photos from our resident photographers Derek and Claire who were taking photos on arrivals to runway 06 through the morning. I will put a link up once we get the website sorted out. There are some really great ones 8)

We raised in excess of £1350 , the Final total to be confirmed when we present the cheque to the KSS Air Ambulance team at Redhill.

THANK YOU to everyone, from myself, David and Gerry and everyone at Deanland Airfield.
:thumleft:
kanga, Roy, Paul_Sengupta and 6 others liked this
Can't really add to what others have said, other then that the annual Deanland breakfast fly in has firmly established itself as one of the years flying highlights and must attend events.

The contrast after arriving on Deanlands lovely smooth surface was marked compared to Lundy island yesterday, nor did I have to wipe TMC's nether regions clean of sheep do dah after Deanland

Roll on 2020, a big thank you to those who make it happen. Having organized outdoor events myself I know just how much sweating would be going on, praying for decent weather which we had..........
Richard Dastardly liked this
By Dave W
Ridders wrote:Samsonite (Mrs Cake) tells me we had a total of 54 aircraft, the last arrival (on the day) being what is now perhaps to become a tradition: DaveW in his Jodel. :wink:

Hey! The weather was grot first thing! (Although was OK as I flew over a Bulldog still in its covers at Bourne Park #justsayin' )

Ridders wrote:Actually the very last aircraft arrived a whole day late, another Cub who unfortunately had got the wrong day. [They had a breakfast cooked for them anyway!]

More than I got on Saturday. ;) Don't care - fab day anyway, as usual, even if I did miss Mike Charlie, the Martyr bloke etc.

What a great place Deanland is, and as said earlier the recent investment just makes it better. :thumleft:
By Paul_Sengupta
Dave W wrote:Hey! The weather was grot first thing! (Although was OK as I flew over a Bulldog still in its covers at Bourne Park #justsayin' )

I stayed in touch until the end of the bacon, after which I didn't think it worthwhile pursuing any longer. :D

Dave W wrote:More than I got on Saturday. ;)

Ah, well, I got a nice burger and chips at Kemble...

I seem to remember I was the only person (apart from the natives) still there when you arrived last year?
Dave W liked this