What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Peter Gristwood
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Echo that.

A really good day. The viz was amazing and one of the best cross-channel trips I've done.

Edith and Luc put on a great meal and we staggered back with a load of smuggle. Now home with beer and medals. :-)
By johnm
I was sitting in Alderney, thinking of you all and awaiting a CAT flight back to Soton :-( Really glad it went well though, Luc and Edith have earned a success after a few disappointments due weather.
By welkyboy
Another great day was had by all, but I was concerned that there was a British couple there with a dog, how were they going to import it to UK in a private aircraft, which is strictly against DEFRAs rules, I expect they were in denial as the pooch had a pet passport?
By GrahamB
welkyboy wrote:Another great day was had by all, but I was concerned that there was a British couple there with a dog, how were they going to import it to UK in a private aircraft, which is strictly against DEFRAs rules, I expect they were in denial as the pooch had a pet passport?

Were they returning to the UK, or somewhere else in France?
By skydriller
GrahamB wrote:
welkyboy wrote:Another great day was had by all, but I was concerned that there was a British couple there with a dog, how were they going to import it to UK in a private aircraft, which is strictly against DEFRAs rules, I expect they were in denial as the pooch had a pet passport?

Were they returning to the UK, or somewhere else in France?

Exactly. Pilot part of Brit couple here with other half having a flying pooch, but we live in France meaning we can fly throughout the continent with said pooch no worries - its only the UK that has the money making scam of requiring you to pay a separate company to be able to enter UK with said pooch. Pet passport should be just that, a passport such that BF can look at it in the same way as they do for you and me.

BTW, how many Yachty people do you think know or care about said pooch rules?

Regards, SD..
GrahamB liked this
By Grumpy One
welkyboy wrote:Thanks for clearing that matter up

Hah! That's sorted out then - I did ponder as to why your grande moustache had gone all bristly and twitchy - a welkyboy advanced warning antenna ............…..It detected that pooch, didn't it? :pirat: