What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Just to point out that for the last two days at least, cherbourg seems to have a pattern of clear at 0500utc then developing few clouds at below 1000' then heavier cover below 1000' by 0800utc then beginning to get up to circuit height by 0900 utc then higher then breaking up. Tafs suggest good-poor-better pattern too. Meanwhile Alderney is cavok all morning suggesting cloud is local to Cherbourg. I will be filing cherbourg with Alderney as alternate with an outbound Gar for Channel Islands before the 12 hour limit tonight so i could divert and have a day out anyway on Alderney if the weather itself cannot read and obey Cherbourg taf.
Thanks Irv -
Sent 2nd Email and Luc says that he's receiving emails to both addresses.
Plymouth Mil also confirm that EGD036 will not be active on Saturday - should be Weekdays only but nice to be sure.

Just need Cherbourg's mini-climate to cooperate
By welkyboy
Low stratus and fog patches have formed in the English Channel overnight all this week, affecting both Cherbourg and Alderney with the NE wind (up to 28 kts in Jersey,) last night it didn’t affect Jersey but they are forecasting a return tonight, it’s burns off by midday to CAVOK but still lively at low levels with the strong gusty wind. I’m planning a slow flight from Jersey in the Cub!!
By Irv Lee
I gave it (the cloubase) until1200z and then decided that waiting for the 12:30z meant that even if it was better, the buffet would have been scoffed by locals and anyone scud running by the time we got there. The never-flown-before passenger was just as pleased if not more so with a Solent-Needles-Bournemouth Beaches- Compton Abbas late lunch.
By Iceman
Great food and company at the BBQ, as usual. Flew on to Jersey for fuel and tea in the club. Very quiet for a sunny Saturday evening on the way back to Blackbushe.

Iceman 8)