What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The usual run down to Monaco for the GP, qualifying on Saturday 26th, race on Sunday 27th. Staying in Menton. Flight down to Cannes and back. The more the merrier.

Iceman 8)
By Rob P
Really I'd be up for it anytime there wasn't a race on. Maybe late summer?

Rob P
By Iceman
Thanks Merlin83b. With the TB20 not quite ready after its rebuild and a crack found in the exhaust on the Robin during the annual, and everything else that I normally fly booked up, I was getting a little worried last Sunday and was even contemplating the desperate measure of having to get a commercial flight to Nice :shock:. I have ended up with something that burns Jet A1, not quite the PC12 / PC24 that I would have hoped for, but I'm sure that a diesel Warrior will get me there on time if I set out tomorrow :lol:. I'm looking at a 5 hour hop each way.

Our normal hotel has now shut as the up turn in the housing market down there has now justified completing the block of flats that has been the building site all of these years. So a new hotel in Menton this year, as recommended by Eric, still close to the station though.

The normal high-T grandstand for qualifying and high-K for the race.

Iceman 8)
Last edited by Iceman on Mon May 21, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Iceman
T and K, amongst other letters, are used to identify certain grandstands around the circuit. Grandstand T is directly opposite the pit lane, grandstand K overlooks the harbour, giving a view from the tunnel exit around to the swimming pool, dependent upon where you are sat. High-T / high-K means that you are sat high up on the respective grandstand. In the case of high-T, as well as the better view of the pit lane, this has the added advantage that you are under the commentary boxes which provide a welcome shelter from the sun / rain.

Iceman 8)
Pete L liked this