What are you planning? Where shall we go?
Sorry I can’t be there tomorrow, it’s a rare day off for me!

Please do buy a raffle ticket from the Reception Desk in the Terminal for the excellent fly2help Spitfire hamper prize, which includes a signed copy of Geoffrey Wellum’s First Light, an Airfix Spitfire, two bottles of the beer of the same name, a rather fine bottle of single malt and a free landing fee to fly in and pick it up after the draw on 22nd!
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Have fun, everyone: I am just leaving by road in a direction orthogonal to that for Gloucester, in order to enjoy the wonders of the Westbound A303, Highway to the Sun. :D

That raffle prize sounds great. :thumleft:
Great to meet up with everybody on a cold winter's day where the weather played kindly with us with blue skies and the sight of snow-covered high ground over Wales.

Sorry that I was late arriving but one cannot turn down an opportunity to unite Paul Sengupta with lunch so a quick diversion from Thruxton to Blackbushe to become Robin FN 'heavy' to Gloucester was in order. With two large lunch and pudding uplifts for the crew and 60 litres of fuel for the aircraft, we needed Gloucester's long 27 runway for the Robin FN 'super heavy' flight back to the Bushe.

Thanks to the Aviator which managed a good job with the food despite being packed (G-JJAN got an unexpected pudding :D ) and to Matspart3 for the free landings :thumright:.

I hope that the aircraft that caught fire (over primed) at the fuel pumps, prompting the quick attention of the fire crews, was ok.

Iceman 8)