What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By jerry_atrick
I work not too far away and would be happy to catch up - work allowing..

For food, I can recommend the Boot & Flogger - saved a rapidly deterioraiting experience at some bar on the corner of London Bridge Road and Southwark Steet: http://www.davy.co.uk/wine-bar/boot-and-flogger/. I won't do dinner though as I have a lunch engagement

For drinking, I used to go to the Wheatsheaf (I think now called the Sheaf). The food was bar food and not bad, too... Haven't been in a while though.

The Market Porter is a reasonably good drinking pub (straddles Borough Market), but my favourite drinking pub around there was the White Horse - which is about a 10 minute walk,... But I haven't been drinking that way since abut 2014 (Had dinner at the boot and flogger about 6 months ago).

Fair warning - I prefer basis drinking establishments with a bit of character - not posh, pretentious places.
Dave W liked this
By jerry_atrick
Shall be there...maybe around 8.. And it looks like I have roped in another two as well...

I am easy (so I am told).. So, shall we say the Sheaf (looks done up a bit, though)?

Don't have my lanyard with me - so will have to find some secret gesticulation to identify others. :cheers:
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Excellent. Sheaf it is then, 7:30 for 8pm.

I have a lanyard, and will try not to forget it. But if I do, I'll pause at the threshold and yell "I'M A PILOT!!!", as I think we all do at our own locals.

Am I right, or am I right?
By Paul_Sengupta
Dave W wrote:Am I right, or am I right?

Not entirely, but not far off. The way everyone knows in our local is that one of our group is particularly loud, so everyone in the pub gets to know what we're talking about.
By Dave W
Ha!

Reminds me: One of our village friends has just been fitted with some superb but extremely expensive in-ear hearing aids.

His current catchphrase is: "I didn't spend four grand to listen to this cr@p" :lol:
By GrahamB
Iceman wrote:I'll be there. I'll have a word with GrahamB to see if he's in town. He's normally game.

Iceman 8)

Would normally love to chaps, as I’m currently working with a client only a few minutes away,,, but it might max out the Oyster card getting there from Namibia!

Have fun. :)
Dave W liked this