What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A leisurely breakfast in Venice with a direct flight Cannes. A refuel and a drink and now enjoying a cold 1664 in the Crown & Cushion near the Bushe :thumright:.

I could have sworn that I heard Tammy on 121.5 in the Cherokee 6 as I came up past Deauville :scratch:.

Thanks for another fab Raduno Riccardo and lovely to meet your beautiful lady :thumright:

Poland next year then ?

Iceman 8)
G-BLEW, derekf, MikeB liked this
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
I could have sworn that I heard Tammy on 121.5 in the Cherokee 6 as I came up past Deauville

That reminds me, I generally fly with 121.5 tuned on box 2. On the way down to Calvi on Tuesday I heard multiple attempts to contact a Saudia commercial flight, followed by an intercept with 'Saudia XXX, this is French Airforce Rafale on your left hand side…'

Ian
By Iceman
Ditto Ian. I heard the same conversation. "Saudis Arabia xyz, I am the Raphael on your left wing tip, do you read me :shock: ?".

I was sat there thinking that he should have told them that he was too close for missile lock and was switching to guns :lol:. That might have got their attention :roll:.

Iceman 8)
By derekf
Iceman wrote:I could have sworn that I heard Tammy on 121.5 in the Cherokee 6 as I came up past Deauville :scratch:.)

Nope - we were washing 23N (well, we both went up to the club, but weather was nice and the cub was free so I took it up for circuits and checked on progress on each touch and go :lol: :lol: :lol:)
Iceman liked this
By skydriller
Thanks Ricardo for a fantastic few days in Elba, great to meet fellow forumites again.
Following a scenic tour of the island we flew up the coast to Genova and are currently enjoying Portofino, discovering how much more floating around can cost compared to flying around... :shock: :shock:

(Im sticking with flying, 2 out of 3 and all that :lol: )

Regards, SD..
Iceman, Charles Hunt liked this
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
SD, quick note as you asked about Montpellier, it's a great airfield, very friendly and a pleasure to use.

Have fun

Ian
skydriller liked this
By Rob P
The Musketeers arrived at Cranfield just before 10.00 this morning.

Thank you Riccardo for a splendidly organised Raduno, as ever.

And Bob Crowe for the loan of his brilliant Beech Musketeer, of course.

Rob P
AfricanEagle, G-BLEW, 2Donkeys and 3 others liked this
By MikeB
Well after numerous altercations with our starter motor,, we finally made it back to Cardiff after an overnight in Troyes then customs and fuel in L2K. Despite the challenges was a hugely enjoyable trip- thanks Riccardo and my fellow pilot Tomahawker
G-BLEW, AfricanEagle, johnm and 4 others liked this
By Pete L
And, almost certainly the last, we're back. 6h30 from Avignon.

Undefeated by absent Avignon taxi drivers, an unusually uncooperative Lyon Info - slightly unfair, they were coordinating a mapping flight - and two muppets in turbine helicopters that tried to turn the a/c over at Troyes.

On the other hand, big thanks to MikeB for Bourg Ceyzeriat and Rob for Avignon. Thoroughly recommended. The airfield manager at Bourg has a great sense of humour and lovely little restaurant - wished we were there for an hour rather than 15 min.

Calais managed a 10 minute turnaround including Douaniers and Rochester just as friendly as usual.

Ricardo - great trip. Thank you very much for organising it and the company of our Italian friends.

I think its our turn to give the Italians a trip to remember.

(edited to be even happier)
Last edited by Pete L on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
AfricanEagle, IKRAN, Flyin'Dutch' and 2 others liked this
By skydriller
Pete L wrote:And, almost certainly the last, we're back. 6h30 from Avignon.

Almost....but then we did stay in the Genova area until yesterday and flew back via Montpellier ( thanks G-BLEW !!)... :wink:

Many Thanks again to Riccardo for a great Raduno, we both loved it.

Hope to meet up with a few of you again at James33's Bordeaux Saucats fly-in at the end of August, and I do believe we had a BBQ invite to Pons aswell for the end of July.. :thumleft:

Regards, SD..
Pete L liked this
By Pete L
SD, where did you land in the Genova area? Albenga was nice enough as a fuel stop, but the paperwork cost wa s a good deal more than I expected.