What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Pete L wrote:SD, where did you land in the Genova area? Albenga was nice enough as a fuel stop, but the paperwork cost wa s a good deal more than I expected.

We actually landed at Genova!!

I considered Massa Cinquale, Genova & Albenga. A hire car company less than 1km from Massa Cinquale wouldnt meet us at the aerodrome and wanted 50-60+ Euro a day for a "Clio". Albenga answered the phone and said "Email us when you want a car and to visit" - so I did but had no reply.... Genova replied the next day, sent me a price list (not easy to understand, but gave me a rough idea it would be 60-100 euros for 3 days, and I was able to hire a SIXT (Pot luck - Ha Ha!!) for 28Euro a day - we ended up with a Classic Fiat 500 open - what more could you ask for in Italy?

3-4 days was 92 Euros including mandatory handling - I still dont understand the bill, but I "think" the handling was ~70 and the landing/parking was ~22... Fuel was 2.30 Euros/Litre. They couldnt have been more friendly and helpful, the smaller GA apron didnt appear busy to me, though I understand they wanted me to "book ahead as it gets busy in the summer" from the friendly Email exchange.

Ill do a proper post in ATIS later. For us the "overall package" was value for money using Genova.

Regards, SD..
Iceman, 2Donkeys liked this
By djtaylor
We made it home this afternoon, after Elba we visited Montagnana, Ferrara, Portoroz and Kempten via the Brenner Pass, then a quick customs and fuel stop at Albert.
An excellent tour and thank you to Riccardo for providing the incentive to travel and making it good to be there.

David and Karen
Iceman, Pete L, skydriller and 2 others liked this
By AfricanEagle
With all the Flyers now comfortably at home I can declare the Raduno 2018 officially closed. :D

Biggest Raduno ever, with 12 aeroplanes parked at L'Elba and 27 participants.

Thanks for coming to:
Ian & Martine
David & Karen
Mark
Andy & Delia
Mike & Tracey
Peter & Vivien
Rob & Sue
Derek & Tammy
David
Paul & Vicky
Nigel
Rob P
Antonio
Clemente & Graziella
Ennio & Brigida

Kate and I thoroughly enjoyed your company. I am only sorry I couldn't spend more time chatting with everyone. Kate has promised she will learn proper English for the next Raduno :wink:

Grazie, amici miei.

P.S. A few photos to follow soon.
MikeB, IKRAN, Iceman and 6 others liked this