What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By James33
Good morning all!

After much organisation and planning, I'm pleased to say that the first "Curry by Air" event will be taking place on Saturday 13 January 2018 at Bordeaux Saucats Airfield, in partnership with Iroise Aéro Formation and the Akash Indian Restaurant.

Getting a decent Indian takeaway in France has never been easy, so we decided to charter a plane and fly one in from the UK.

For one night only, get stuck in to some of your favourite Indian dishes and meet like-minded people.

For more info, read the PDF for the event :

http://www.lingaero.com/InfoCurryByAir18.pdf
Dave W, kingbing liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
This is something James and I had planned to do earlier this year. Unfortunately with my personal circumstances I couldn't make it happen. Glad to see it's going ahead and that the French people will get their British curry! :D
By Iceman
If they tell the DA42 driver to eat a phall en route then the aircraft will become hot jet propelled and he'll get there before the curries go cold :lol:.

Iceman 8)
By James33
Hi All,

Quick update on how we are progressing.

Thanks to a kind hearted client of mine, we have now upgraded from a DA42 to a TBM700, which should make weight and balance less of a worry!

The turbine should negate the need for any supplementary "relative wind" :lol:

A fair number of participants as well as media interest from the local rags, and perhaps even a brief appearance from a French celebrity (watch this space).

We'll be setting off from Lee On Solent on 13/01 in the morning (weather permitting) so please do pop down for a cup of tea and see us off if you're local.

Festive greetings.

James
Iceman liked this
By Iceman
What times is the aircraft leaving tomorrow James ? If it arrives in Bordeaux with a load of empty containers, you will know that it has been hi-jacked and that all proceeds went to a good cause :lol:.

Iceman 8)