What are you planning? Where shall we go?
I'll check a range of dates with the proposed location later today to see when they could host, then poll everyone with the meeting date tool that t67m suggested earlier (once I've read how it works!)
T67M, Nick liked this
Venue consulted and from that I have six weekend dates between now and end of January...,
Dec 2nd, 3rd, Jan 13th, 14th, Jan 27th, 28th.... please mark as many as you can make. I understand you don't have to register for this software but haven't tried it myself yet.
https://doodle.com/poll/fhwxbrzin3h7upqc
Ps: your votes are only seen by me
Nick liked this
The first date all 10 participants in the Poll can make is Sat 13th Jan so I will endeavour to get in touch with the events people at the venue (in office hours) and if they still have that date available, I will take it. More when I know more. Thanks for the interest!
Hmmm... unless I've missed how to do it, it doesn't seem like the Doodle poll allows me to contact the voters. All but one is obvious, maybe I've also contacted the one under a nickname anyway by replying to all emails too. If you voted and haven't heard from me, please get in touch!
OK, all set for Saturday 13th January 2018, in the jaws of the M5 and M42 off the A38 http://www.higherplane.co.uk/seminars.html giving a wide catchment area in terms of travel time - all 'pollers' could make that date, and thanks Nick for asking in the first place!
Many thanks to all who attended, good to meet you all. I would certainly use the hotel again if numbers warrant it. I am now also getting requests for kent/Sussex, Dorset, Yorks but also Jersey and Eire!
Thanks for running it. For anyone considering it, I'd highly recommend. Extract of my email to Irv below:

Many thanks for the workshop yesterday, it was interesting and useful. I particularly liked the MET section in which you covered some ideas that were totally new for me. I also thought the way you covered the VFR rules, emphasising the triggers, was very good. And indeed the nav section gave me some thoughts on things to try. The max drift idea was new to me and a very helpful concept.

All the licencing stuff at the start I knew, BUT only because I’ve been paying attention on the forum! I understand why you’d cover it in detail.

Even lunch was good!
Irv Lee liked this
Irv Lee wrote:Many thanks to all who attended, good to meet you all. I would certainly use the hotel again if numbers warrant it. I am now also getting requests for kent/Sussex, Dorset, Yorks but also Jersey and Eire!

Thanks for running it Irv. A really interesting day. Thoroughly recommend to others.

EG
Irv Lee liked this
Another thanks from me.

Not only was the subject matter interesting (well, as interesting as licensing regs ever get!) and well presented, but there was also a good mix of people with varied backgrounds present, so good to see things from others perspectives.

Well recommended
Last edited by GrahamB on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irv Lee liked this