What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Grumpy One
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Luc & Edith Dufour - Le patrons de la Cherbourg Aeroport restaurant "Le Coucou de Fourchette" have emailed ....

Their restaurant at Cherbourg is closed until 10th August ...

However, all is not lost......
They have declared Saturday 26th August as the date of their next fabuloso BBQ

Get there before Pa....... Errr .... someone .. nicks all the cake.... :D
Irv Lee liked this
By Irv Lee
Grumpy, is there any record of how long Luc and Edith hav been throwing these parties? They seem to have cracked the formula, just shame about weather on the day spoiling some preparation investment occasionally n the past.
By Grumpy One
Errr! Sunday post lunch posting - 1.5 bottles of lunchtime Spanish hooch consumed plus a platetful of Tanglefoot steak pie resting heavily in the nether regions ...
I think I heard a figure of 10 years of the two lovely people organising and running the world famous Cherbourgian BBQ eat fest - But I could have been dreaming....... hic! :clown:
By Grumpy One
Pete L
Did you get my email in response to your question?
Basically the answer is YES just drop 'em word of your plans so that they can kill enough pigs and cows for the sausages, steaks etc.
:pig:
Pete L liked this
By Pete L
Grumpy One wrote:Pete L
Did you get my email in response to your question?
Basically the answer is YES just drop 'em word of your plans so that they can kill enough pigs and cows for the sausages, steaks etc.
:pig:

Done.
By Iceman
Are there any particular customs / immigration requirements for Cherbourg at the moment other than just turn up and see the guy in the office, as per usual ?

Iceman 8)
By Grumpy One
Hmmm!
Luc says just turn up.
The AIP (last time I looked at it) says ....Errrr..... nuffink!
'Cos I go there a lot and want to panderise and ingratiate myself with the strapping boys/girls in blue, I send a short email with:-
Name(s) , Passport No., A/C Registration, From, Time, and, at the same time, tell when I expect to depart and where to & at what time.
Do it once and then it's basically a matter of Cut and Pasting thereafter.

Cherbourg Border people email address - bse.cherbourg (at) douane.finances.gouv.fr

See you there (Alderney first for us - load up with cheap fuel as £1.15 a few weeks ago :D )
By johnm
Iceman wrote:Are there any particular customs / immigration requirements for Cherbourg at the moment other than just turn up and see the guy in the office, as per usual ?

Iceman 8)

24 hours notice to bse-cherbourg@douane.finances.gouv.fr is expected.

I went in yesterday from Alderney en route Gloucestershire having sent the email the day before and there were two Douaniers at the arrivals door and they had a record of my plans as per email, reviewed our passports and were content.

Had lunch with Luc and Edith and then flew home with 3 cases of their jolly quaffable and very cheap house Merlot on board :-)

Edit, Nigel beat me to it as usual :-)
By Irv Lee
Grumpy One wrote:Do it once and then it's basically a matter of Cut and Pasting thereafter.

give or take any corrections.... ;-)
See you there (Alderney first for us - load up with cheap fuel as £1.15 a few weeks ago :D )

[eeyore on]
Fog in morning?
[/eeyore off]