What are you planning? Where shall we go?
Heveningham Hall is happening again! All of you happy on 530m of neat grass in parkland are welcome to join us on the beautiful Suffolk Heritage Coast on 8th/9th July.

As ever there are no slots, a £10 landing fee that gets you into the main event (usual price £15 per head) PPR is essential and someone will wave a charity bucket at you.

If you've already applied for PPR please be patient, I'm waiting for the frequency and the pilot guide will go out next week, but I've got all the current applications in the system and PPR is assured for them.

Usual e-mail john.david.hill@btinternet.com
Call 07796878052

Please make sure that your PPR request contains: type, where from, S.O.B, rough eta and day.

Champ Chump and WKW, your parking is already booked. and if you wouldn't mind I could do with some good shots from the tower.

John
Pete L liked this
Thanks for the pre-booked parking.

I chanced to over-fly Heveningham Hall today and noted a colourful helicopter landing in the grounds. Wondered if you were doing a recce?

Just a quick note of caution, the Royal Aero Club’s Calendar of Events page is showing it as the 1st & 2nd of July, which may cause some people to be disappointed if they do turn up on those dates….

JULY
1-2 Heveningham Hall, Suffolk Country Fair & Classic Fly-in [PPR] 07796-878052

Hope to see you there.

WKW
Preparations appear to be progressing well. Overflying yesterday the marquees were mushrooming on the lawn in front of the house and the runway had been mown and marked out.

The LAA Light Aviation magazine Where To Go section has copied the error from the Royal Aero Club website. It really is on this Saturday and Sunday and not last weekend….

See you all there.
WKW
By ChampChump
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
And, once again, John did an excellent job. Thanks to him and his team.

I hope tomorrow is as successful; forecasts seem to be changing hourly (although today's were almost completely wrong from start to finish for me).

To quote Arthur: brrrrrrilliant!
Pete L, Jodelman, Ridders liked this
I and my fellow pilot-passenger had a wonderful day today! There was so much to see and do, from craft tents to vintage cars; steam rollers to bagpipe bands; lovely gardens to see, excellent food stalls (all very reasonably priced). From live orchestras to horsemanship exhibitions. Lots of various Moths and other vintage aircraft on view too.

One could also have sweets, an icecream and a ride on t' donkey, Grandad!

There was even an air display or two (the Spitfire and 109 were just great!). The weather was just perfect too.

On the ground I would estimate 3000 cars were in the public car park, so it's a well-attended event; judging by the queues on the road as we flew in, I was glad we were flying in!

Well done to the organisers (and from a piloting perspective, a special thumbs up :thumleft: to the John and all his airside crew). I reckon about 50-60 aircraft flew in today; there appears to be parking for roughly three times that number!

I'll certainly be back.

(picture courtesy of MS)
By Ridders
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
We went in on Saturday and glorious it was!

What great RT from the AG and was really nice farewell on the RT too.

11 of us made the trip up from deanland in 6 aircraft

Such a great event. We walked round, bought beers (St peters) and goodies from various stalls, more beer and bits from the bee keepers, watched the birds of prey flying in the arena, had tea and scones, had late afternoon hog roast, ate cake and looked at a lot of old cars bringing back memories of the 80's. we also spent some time listening the the Ipswich band who were playing in the orchard.

Was a bit variable the wind :D

Our pup one of the last to leave

Ahh back at the airfield, aircraft put to bed in the hangar, time for some post flying beers and nibbles 8)

What an excellent day :thumleft:

Thanks for letting us visit John, summer flying at its best.