What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
muffin wrote:Keith's wife Margaret would like to go there but I have not spoken to her yet as I only just found this thread. She would like a lift from Crowfield to Glenforsa and back if anybody is available to oblige. If you can please PM me asap so I can get her to book her room.

Richard

I picked Keef up from Crowfield for what he knew to be his last run up to Glenforsa a few months before he died. Margaret was there then to see him off and pick him up on return. I wish I could oblige on this occasion.

Iceman 8)
By muffin
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
Margaret has decided not to come so please cancel my request for a lift. That also means that there is now a spare room for the Saturday night that I have booked. If anybody wants it please let me know before I cancel it.
By muffin
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
Perhaps this event should also be promoted in the GA forum. There are many people there who contributed and could be interested. I for one despite being involved was not aware of it until very recently.
I spoke with Brendan and Alison while I was there a couple of weeks ago. No special arrangements required, just book as normal. Please keep the chat going on here and I'll at least try to coordinate a list.
My own plans TBD because of broken AA5 but assuming I get accepted at Henlow tomorrow, I will have a PA28 instead and should be able to offer a seat. I'll be bringing a tent.

For general assistance, I did notice that, if the hotel is full, there is a B&B on the same site. It is called Tigh An Solas.
By Iceman
The person with whom I was supposed to be going to Oshkosh pulled out when it came to actually committing money, etc. Hopefully, I'll try again next year, minus that person. So a bit of flying year re-planning going on and I will be able to make this weekend after all. I'll be travelling up in the TB20 on my own.

Iceman 8)
I will do my utmost to attend this . I am however waiting for a hospital appointment which may clash . For that reason I don't want to book a hotel but may do so nearer the event.
WF if I make it do you fancy a loose formation up there ? If so please pm me. :D
By Iceman
Hatz, check the hotel's booking website but I think that all rooms for that weekend may now be taken. There is a B&B just around the corner but they only have a couple of rooms.

Iceman 8)
Last edited by Iceman on Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Pete L
joe-fbs wrote:I have done some sums and realised that me taking a rental aeroplane to Glenforsa for one night is financially not acceptable. Any chance of a lift with anyone please?

Happy to run you up if you don't get a better offer. Staying in Craignure so will need to cab it to the hotel after dinner...