What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By AndyR
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
rf3flyer wrote:I sat on it today and had to wonder who chose its position. Just seemed a little off to the side and out of the way, but it was comfy enough.

It was where Keef used to stand, enjoy the view and contemplate; that's the reason that site was chosen.
After looking at it for a couple of days, set over there it gets the sun well into the evening which it would not if nearer to the hotel. It appears to be perfectly positioned and angled to look straight down the sound to the north west. Top job AndyR.
By AerBabe
Anyone know what their cancellation policy is if bad wx is involved? It seems like we need to make final confirmation about four weeks in advance... it's a lot of money to lose if thunderstorms stop play. :?
Think I am going to bring a tent. Still working on an alternative aeroplane as ours is most unlikely to get fixed in time. If all else fails, I may be making a late appeal for a back seat.

AIUI July is the main school holiday in Scotland so late booking unlikely to work, it barely worked in that part of the world last week. Glenforsa hotel we had booked in January and luckily we were able to get there on the prescribed date.
AerBabe wrote:Anyone know what their cancellation policy is if bad wx is involved? It seems like we need to make final confirmation about four weeks in advance... it's a lot of money to lose if thunderstorms stop play. :?

A few years back a friend and I were trying to fly across from Enniskillen but were unable to make it due to weather. I believe the room was 're-sold' to other forumites who did make it, but did not have reservations. Our request for a refund/imposition of reasonable cancellation charges was rejected.
By muffin
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
Keith's wife Margaret would like to go there but I have not spoken to her yet as I only just found this thread. She would like a lift from Crowfield to Glenforsa and back if anybody is available to oblige. If you can please PM me asap so I can get her to book her room.

Richard
By Paul_Sengupta
Charles Hunt wrote:A few years back a friend and I were trying to fly across from Enniskillen but were unable to make it due to weather. I believe the room was 're-sold' to other forumites who did make it, but did not have reservations. Our request for a refund/imposition of reasonable cancellation charges was rejected.

Indeed, I paid for my room, not knowing that Charles had already paid for a room. I'd have just attempted to do a "change of name" if I'd known and given the money to Charles!
By muffin
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
To add to the above, I have taken a chance that Margaret can make that date and booked a room for her. I still need an offer of a lift by air for her from somebody as she doesn't want to go all the way up there by car.