What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
On our last trip back, Oban was socked in and Prestwick wasn't (if you didn't mind 400' over the sea...). I try to fill up at one of Carlisle or Prestwick *and* Oban before landing at GF. Just in case.

I don't think I've ever arrived at GF and left on the planned day ...
By AerBabe
We're pulling out.

If it were just us, we would definitely give it a go. But elderly dog doesn't like flying and needs dropping off... a two hour drive away. If we canned it in the morning, we would then have another lengthy drive to go and collect her again... The dogistics are too complicated to make it worth the risk.

For info, I called the hotel and spoke to Alison (I assume!). Their cancellation policy for flyers is you just lose the 25% deposit.
By Pete L
Not cancelling yet. Forecasts still very inconsistent, and for home base I have two almost opposing views. Met Office most positive, then Weatherweb, then BBC then Meteo - both the later have Carlisle being persistently drenched. (Has the BBC switched their provider yet or are they still Met Office).
By Dave W
Ah, this is why I'm convinced Woody was a flight test engineer in another Universe.

Woody Allen wrote:If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.

(Or maybe Woody was the test pilot, and Isaac Bashevis Singer was the anonymous fte whose data and conclusions he fronted to Management. ;) )
By johnm
Sorry we couldn't join you, three possible commitments this weekend and can only do one :-(

Pat Stella dog for me