What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By G-JANN
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
David & Deborah
G-JANN
PA34
1999Kg
We will be landing at Annecy on Wednesday 5th as I have to renew my courchevel rating and will be staying until Sunday,we are happy to go with whatever the plan is
From our experience just last week can I advise that this place provides stunning / exceptional nosh, and wine, and calvados :drunken:

http://www.laciboulette-annecy.com/indexUk.aspx

Immediately opposite is a friendly bar called "The Scottish Thistle" (but in French)

Rob P
If you mean you and I, we seem to have to beat a hasty retreat from every 'end of the evening' bar we visit together :shifty:

Three Caves apart :bounce:

Rob P
2Donkeys liked this
By PeteSpencer
Now I'm really confused: Who is in Troyes for the night of Thursday 6th July?

And if so where are you staying?I'm at B & B Hotel Troyes Barbery.

Or am I gonna be Billy-no-mates?

Arriving Annecy Friday 7th, Dep Sun 9th.

Peter
By Pete L
Currently double booked - contingency planning - Best Western Troyes and Annecy Vieille Ville on 6th. Will try and nag Troyes for details of any pending tour de france notams next week.
We have decided against Troyes on Thursday 6th based on our previous experience of Le Tour in Corsica (and West Yorkshire!).
We are booked in to the Ibis Auxerre 25 nm SW of Troyes on the 6th (the airport says that taxis into Auxerre (8km) are"no problem").
G-XLTG
By Tomahawker
Just a heads up...... not that I am panicking yet....much......
Our plane was due back from the Annual about now. Group lead chased it up today, to be told due to extra unexpected work required, we are looking at 28th June return at earliest.... Getting rather close to planned 6th July departure for France.
Trying to convince myself it will be fine, and the engineers will be working flat out, but am aware that they probably have too much going on in the workshops at the moment...
gasman wrote: ... (the airport says that taxis into Auxerre (8km) are"no problem").

Good luck with that :shock:

2D and I went to Auxerre for a refuel on one of the earlier Raduno.

The place was a total desert, not one person could we find. We ended up without fuel and backtracking to Troyes on fumes.

It might just have been a bad day, but I certainly would have a back-up plan also.

Rob P
By Pete L
Going to give numbers etc to airport and restaurants on Saturday - off on a weeks' hol after that. Can I have the remaining registrations - any doubtful for broken aircraft / cat / granny can you PM me?