What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Fuzzflyer added. Numbers given to airport, restaurants, boat operator. If I can have an update on 1st July it will make it easier for our hosts, I think. No need to say anything unless your plans have changed, although missing a couple of registrations - please check front page.
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
I let Pete know last week that a health issue may cause me to cancel and now it is confirmed. I have an MRI and Endoscopy scheduled over the next couple of weeks and all flying is suspended, hopefully temporarily. What started as acid reflux is getting more complicated.

Edit: Before I cancel my room at the Ibis, which I believe is full, would anyone want it transferred to them (if possible)?
By PeteSpencer
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 wrote:I let Pete know last week that a health issue may cause me to cancel and now it is confirmed. I have an MRI and Endoscopy scheduled over the next couple of weeks and all flying is suspended, hopefully temporarily. What started as acid reflux is getting more complicated.

Edit: Before I cancel my room at the Ibis, which I believe is full, would anyone want it transferred to them (if possible)?

Sorry to hear your woes, Simon:
I'm sure it will all turn out right.

Health takes priority over all else

Peter
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 liked this
By Tomahawker
:D :D :D Worrying time over.... After our longest Annual ever (over 6 weeks) I was very happy to collect our steed from the engineers yesterday, so MikeB, Tracy and I are looking forward to the trip in a few days time. Planning + beer evening arranged... Looking forward to seeing everyone on the Thursday or Friday . :thumleft:
MikeB liked this
By Pete L
Simon

Very best wishes for you.

Tomahawker

Look forward to seeing you

PeteSpencer

We've cancelled our Troyes booking on the current forecast - if we have to stop en route for weather it will be somewhere else.

With luck, see some of you on the 6th. Current bet is Le Munich but if the earliest arriver can make enquiries that would be good - I doubt we have the speed or endurance to arrive first.
Simon, sorry to hear you aren't going to be able to make it for this event and all the best for your recovery.

Pete,

We're planning on a stop at Albert Bray (LFAQ) on the way down on Thursday.
Customs and fuel available but not much in the way of a restaurant apparently but there should be Sandwiches and cake available.
By Iceman
I take it from 2D and Rob P's recent visit that they have customs and immigration ? Is any notice required ? For the last Flyer forum fly-in to Annecy, I arrived from a lunch stop in Deauville.

Iceman 8)
By Iceman
Oh, ok, I was under the impression that 2D and Rob P had arrived directly from Cambridge. I'll have a word with them directly.

The AIP says 24 hours notice on request.

I have just confined with Rob P that they went direct to Annecy from the UK without any problems. Pete, please let the airport know that we will requires C&I for the avoidance of doubt.

Iceman 8)
Last edited by Iceman on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.