What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By SolentTel
Lee Flying Association Ltd is hosting 3 informal events during 2017. PPR mandatory and please visit airport website for latest updates.

APRIL 15 Luscombe Fly In
MAY 13th Gyrocopter Gathering/Gyroplane Fly In
JUNE 24th Lee Flying Association 10th Anniversary Fly In
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
SolentTel wrote:Just to clarify ALL TYPES are welcome to fly into the above 3 events. See you there.

Unless you are not a member of LFA, a guest/family member thereof, or a resident. :(
By Ridders
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I strongly suspect the restrictions you quoted Graham are for visitors via car/foot. Otherwise it would not be much of a fly in!

I will avoid the gyro fly in as those things are slow and vertically scary on approach :shock: but we may pop over to oggle some Luscombe's. :thumleft:
By SolentTel
Oh dear I have started something here, we cannot accept members of the public(ala Popham) driving or on foot unless they are members/family/friends. The events are open to all flyers members or not, the more the merrier.
GrahamB liked this
By SolentTel
Apologies but beyond my control, the public cannot be permitted to enter, but all flyers in are welcome. There are places to park at the Innovation Centre to view activities and at the end of each runway. We are hopeful when the airport developments have taken place it will be possible to adopt a more "Popham" approach, but this can't be done at present.
By SolentTel
All geared up and ready for the Fly In tomorrow, plenty of food and drink available, even the rumour of home made cake. On landing request parking at Hangar B, Lee Flying Association. We also have a hand stamp available for logbooks. Gliders may well be active. See you there. Terry