What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Just booked The Veille Ville Ibis also - oddly couldnt do so a couple of days ago...actually booked something else which I just cancelled - wierd!!

Regards, SD..
By Pete L
Dunno yet - I'm mildly keen on an overnight cos it looks an attractive place, but if Iceman pulls of Chateau La Chassagne, it will be a very leisurely tour. Still sorting out what to do in Annecy - lake trip seems obvious - probably lunchtime since there will be better food ashore unless Grumpy One is in charge of the galley. Rejected CERN since all of the tour is above ground. Annecy is the home of one of my favourite cheeses but others might not like the pong.

Assuming no change in dates, my bet for Troyes would be leisurely lunch and stroll but not too late.
By gasman
My co-owner and I would like to participate in the fly-in.
We have booked Troyes Kyriad for Thurs night and Annecy Ibis Centre for Fri & Sat nights.
Despite originating from God's County we are quite sociable and look forward to putting faces to avatars.
We promise to leave our flat caps and whippets behind.
Is Theakston Old Peculier available on draught in
Annecy?

Stuart Chater
C182 G-XLTG
Sherburn EGCJ
By Pete L
gasman wrote:Is Theakston Old Peculier available on draught in
Annecy?

The price of admission to the barbecue when we went to Bordeaux was some English beer for the aeroclub. (Iceman had to carry ours due to weight restrictions. To my surprise it got there :thumright: ).
By Rob P
At least one minipin was used to provide the 'water feature' that so entertained the (15?) people in the 9-seat bus returning to the Ibis late at night

Rob P.
By A le Ron
I will try to book leave for the Friday. Could then do three days. Like gasman, I promise to leave my flat cap and whippet behind.
By Iceman
Pete L wrote:The price of admission to the barbecue when we went to Bordeaux was some English beer for the aeroclub. (Iceman had to carry ours due to weight restrictions. To my surprise it got there :thumright: ).

I had to keep slapping TGIAPA28 to leave it alone :lol: !

Iceman 8)
By Pete L
Planning to recce on 13th March via Geneva. Just mentioned in RT as one of James Martin's favourite places.

Currently:

• Pete L +1
  • skydriller+1
  • G-JANN+1
  • Jenny+1
  • Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
  • Martini+1
  • SimonM+1
  • gasman+1
  • A Le Ron+1
  • (Grumpy One?)
  • (Paul Sengupta?)
  • (lepmar?)

I also intend to book Thursday night in Troyes.
Last edited by Pete L on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.