What are you planning? Where shall we go?
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Cessna571 wrote:
Rob P wrote:I'm content with the correct runway.

Rob P

Oh Gawd…

don’t tell me they’ve got more than 1?

That’s all I need.

Oh for heavens sake.

Can't we even be a little bit aspirational for the students here? Do they have to know the whole truth this soon?
Cessna571 liked this
Think we may attend - been a while - if I can persuade the fragrant FF to fly home so I can consume beer..... may have a spare seat in the 'Van from Glos - *warning - it is in Skydive config with a few seats slung in, maybe a tad noisy*
TonyC, Iceman liked this
By FlightDek
Anyone flying in from Liverpool or Hawarden fancy a passenger? I've just joined a new group and haven't got enough hours yet in the aircraft to take it solo. If not I might drive down instead

Dek
By Fellsteruk
Hey @FlightDek

I’d offer but I’m full/max weight, that said as it stands I may not be coming or only be able to come alone as I’ve still not got my little blue book from CAA and today tell me it ain’t been looked at yet so I’m less confident it will arrive next week in time for the weekend :(
FlightDek liked this
Fellsteruk wrote: I’m less confident it will arrive next week in time for the weekend :(

We know what a huge disappointment that will be for you - welcome to PPL life - but hopefully you'll still arrive, even if by ground means. At least you will faces and aircraft to names

Rob P
By Fellsteruk
Yeah may come by land, my plan was to come with friends have a bit of a day out some bbq. Instructor will happily sign me out as I’ve done a couple flight post skills test but not allowed passengers so I’ll have to see road options, drive an EV so need to plan possible charging ;)
By Fellsteruk
FlightDek wrote:@Fellsteruk
Doesn't look like I can get a flight to Sleap so I'll be driving there from Chester. If you get to Chester I can give you a lift.

Thanks for the offer very kind I’ll let you know :)
By TopCat
I can only speak for myself, but FWIW, I don't think I'd ever go to a fly-in where I couldn't fly in, at the very least as pax. Unless it was at my home airfield!

There's something special about arriving by air, something intangible, but for me at least, real enough. It wasn't even a fly-in, but I remember when I first went to Duxford for a look round the hangars. Arriving on the correct side of the fence added a magic that would have been absent if I'd driven up the M11 to get there.

The other thing is, discovering the dreadful truth* about this lot means that at least if you've flown there and back the day isn't entirely wasted. :wink:

___
* Honestly, they're we're not at all like the Addams Family meets the Munsters.