For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By AerBabe
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
At the risk of sounding like a whinging, irritable old bag ... it's really starting to annoy me that people quote the entire previous post in their reply to a thread. While I'm tempted to name and shame, I'm sure you know who you are.

If you're responding to the last post in a thread, just click 'reply', ok? We really don't need to read the same text twice to get the message. :roll:
By AerBabe
AerBabe wrote:At the risk of sounding like a whinging, irritable old bag ... it's really starting to annoy me that people quote the entire previous post in their reply to a thread. While I'm tempted to name and shame, I'm sure you know who you are.

If you're responding to the last post in a thread, just click 'reply', ok? We really don't need to read the same text twice to get the message. :roll:

... wondering how long before someone comes along and 'quotes' me ...
By BlackheathBloke
AerBabe wrote:... wondering how long before someone comes along and 'quotes' me ...

Not long, I'd imagine.
By AerBabe
BlackheathBloke wrote:Not long, I'd imagine.

I wish you the pain of 1,000 hornet stings.
By Rob P
Bane of the moderator's life. Worse with images.

Rob P
By AerBabe
rustle wrote:[redacted]

Too late - I saw. :cry:
By Keef
Quite so. Peer pressure is so much more effective than Modding (and the mod doesn't get it in the ear, either).

I saw a thread in "the other place" where a many-paragraph diatribe was repeated in its entirety with a one-liner response. I was tempted to register another ID so that I could post a riposte, but as usual I got sidetracked...
By AerBabe
I'm glad to be doing you fine chaps a service!

(And glad to know I'm not just having a grumpy day. :wink: )
By BlackheathBloke
AerBabe wrote:I wish you the pain of 1,000 hornet stings.

:bom:
By AerBabe
Keef ain't a bishop.
By stevelup
AerBabe wrote:
AerBabe wrote:At the risk of sounding like a whinging, irritable old bag ... it's really starting to annoy me that people quote the entire previous post in their reply to a thread. While I'm tempted to name and shame, I'm sure you know who you are.

... wondering how long before someone comes along and 'quotes' me ...

It's especially annoying when there are images in the quote...
By AerBabe
Rob P wrote:Bane of the moderator's life. Worse with images.
By A le Ron
Always assuming of course someone else doesn't type their reply in first, leading to an apparent non-sequitur
By stevelup
AerBabe wrote:
Rob P wrote:Bane of the moderator's life. Worse with images.

Oops...
By AerBabe
A le Ron wrote:Always assuming of course someone else doesn't type their reply in first, leading to an apparent non-sequitur

If that happens, you get an alert when you press 'submit'.