For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Gerard Clarke
I can claim no shed points today, but I have lit the first bonfire of the spring, which is strangely satisfying. I now feel the need to feed my inner pyromaniac, and want to set fire to sledges called Rosebud and all sorts of stuff.
By Colonel Panic
Bonfires are indeed hugely enjoyable, and I have one ready for lighting tomorrow. My father used to use plenty of red diesel and an old car tyre in the centre to keep it going. Not sure the Greens would approve :mrgreen:
By Gerard Clarke
Mine was pretty stinky, with chunks of mouldy old fish food, some barbeque fire lighters, and some damp leaves all included in the mix. Smoke signal say um next door washing um back in um machine um very sorry Mrs.
By Propwash
If we have widened the thread from sheds to general garden subjects, my I inform the assembled masses that I have spent the afternoon (or a large part of it) digging a hole in the unyielding clay in my garden in order to plant a new tree? It was back-breaking stuff, and as I was firming down the newly enriched soil after the successful planting, my wife kindly called my attention to a foaming pint of beer that she had poured for me by way of reward, and which was now sitting enticingly on the patio table. From a standing start at the bottom of the garden to the beckoning tankard took less time that it takes to say "Mr Bolt eat your heart out".

:cheers:

I am now about to pull the cork on something full bodied and red as well.

PW
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I've had a blokey shed rummage to find a spare spade to donate to the Group in their front line attack on the ravening hoardes of moles that are encroaching on our strip.

Fortunately at the moment they're at edge of the western end so only a minor problem if 08 used for takeoff and landing.

Fortunately I have surfeit of spades so the group can begin the anschluss.......

But then, now hear this, but then I spent four hours digging over the veg patch for 'er indoors just like Monty Don told me to last night.

PW must be a witch as just before I read his post I had sourced a nice bottle of something red from the garage cupboard (the good stuff including the seriously old port is in there): out of bounds to the masses...........

Peter
By Jim and Pat Dalton
Propwash wrote:If we have widened the thread from sheds to general garden subjects, my I inform the assembled masses that I have spent the afternoon (or a large part of it) digging a hole in the unyielding clay in my garden in order to plant a new tree? It was back-breaking stuff, and as I was firming down the newly enriched soil after the successful planting, my wife kindly called my attention to a foaming pint of beer that she had poured for me by way of reward, and which was now sitting enticingly on the patio table. From a standing start at the bottom of the garden to the beckoning tankard took less time that it takes to say "Mr Bolt eat your heart out".

PW

PW: I'm always available to blow holes in gardens much more fun than digging, tho you might get some dirt in your glass as you sit an watch :-)

Anyway; I'm thinking of trying this in my sheds (yes three of them) might work really well in a hangar too:

By TheKentishFledgling
Jim and Pat Dalton wrote:
Propwash wrote:If we have widened the thread from sheds to general garden subjects, my I inform the assembled masses that I have spent the afternoon (or a large part of it) digging a hole in the unyielding clay in my garden in order to plant a new tree? It was back-breaking stuff, and as I was firming down the newly enriched soil after the successful planting, my wife kindly called my attention to a foaming pint of beer that she had poured for me by way of reward, and which was now sitting enticingly on the patio table. From a standing start at the bottom of the garden to the beckoning tankard took less time that it takes to say "Mr Bolt eat your heart out".

PW

PW: I'm always available to blow holes in gardens much more fun than digging, tho you might get some dirt in your glass as you sit an watch :-)

Anyway; I'm thinking of trying this in my sheds (yes three of them) might work really well in a hangar too:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fantastic! I want to try it somewhere. Looks like I need a shed...
By Gerard Clarke
I thought you already owned an Alfa?

Just kidding! You definitely need a shed. You also need a Caterham to put in it.
By Peter Pan
chrisN wrote:PP, this is an overview of the lean-to wot I built - against a free-standing wall, not my house.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31546471@N ... hotostream

As for special prizes for a half-built wreck - Fie! and Pah!

This is a telescopic shed, I bet unique anywhere/anywhen.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31546471@N ... otostream/

Chris N

[Could not make the img thing work]

Wow - great stuff Chris, some jolly good woodwork there. I think you have Shed Of The Week there! :thumleft: That is pretty much what I am after except about half the height. You're not free this afternoon in Northampton are you? :wink:
By JoeC
Yesterday I successfully bought greenhouse glass and replaced 6 panes, one whilst up a stepladder leaning over the neighbours fence with a bramble attached to my undercarriage. My son helped too, so it was double manshed points I think.
By BlackheathBloke
Shed of the year 2013 is now accepting entries, can the forum muster up a hopeful for this year's title?

DT link to this year's entries
By Peter Pan
Oooh, my Shed Thread is back! I never did get round to painting it despite 6 weeks on garden leave last year! It is well overstuffed with junk after Christmas too! :oops:
By Flintstone
Which reminds me, new roof......
By Merlin83b
I saw it come back to life and got a little bit excited reading as I'll be getting my first shed soon. The existing owners are hopefully going to leave it behind, and then I'll no doubt have thoughts of running power and the like to it. Unless it's already powered, I suppose.