For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Two pre-requisites for a decent shed are:

Mains power sockets RCB protected and good light (flourescent tube)

And PIR floods all the way up the garden to the shed to guard against the obstacle course that is 'er indoors' potting area. :roll:

Peter
By Keef
A reel of buriable mains cable is a brilliant investment! I got one from a bloke who bought 100 metres of the stuff to do a 10-yard run. Ebay was my friend :)
By Keef
Something in my past drives me to it...
By PeteSpencer
Our sheds (3 of 'em :wink: ) and greenhouse have a buried supply as they're 30 yds from the house.

Interestingly the 'leccy insisted on extra earthing and we have two earth rods hammered in, one by the brick sheds and one by the wooden shed/greenhouse.

Didn't question it at the time but why should that be necessary if its got a green/yellow earth cable in it?

Peter
By stevelup
It's the right thing to do. You generally shouldn't 'export' an earth from one building to another - so your secondary buildings need their own local earth.
By Jim Jones
Got a shed, needs re roofing. Also got a summerhouse, which acts as a shed, that is prob 90 beyond saving.

Do I get another shed?

Do I reorganise existing actual shed so as to make room for the shed stuff that's currently in the summerhouse?

Do I then research summerhouses to see if I can get one worthy of the name and in which I can sit to enjoy sundowners?

Do I leave things as they are until summerhouse/shed actualy collapses? (Worked last time, but Mrs Jim disagrees)
By BlackheathBloke
Chaps, it's that time of the year again.......

Shed of the Year 2014 !!!

Drool over these man caves from the DT

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/gardeningpicturegalleries/10968102/Shed-of-the-Year-2014-finalists.html?frame=2975233
By Jim Jones
Jim Jones wrote:Got a shed, needs re roofing. Also got a summerhouse, which acts as a shed, that is prob 90 beyond saving.

Do I get another shed?

Do I reorganise existing actual shed so as to make room for the shed stuff that's currently in the summerhouse?

Do I then research summerhouses to see if I can get one worthy of the name and in which I can sit to enjoy sundowners?

Do I leave things as they are until summerhouse/shed actualy collapses? (Worked last time, but Mrs Jim disagrees)

Solved this by waiting till we decided to move house. New house has no shed st all, up to now....
By Keef
Be careful!

We moved. It was decided that we therefore need a "Garden Room" (can't have a conservatory on a listed Tudor building). It is a nice room, but we could have had many sheds for the price.
By BlackheathBloke
I see shed of the year is back on C4.

This guy wins hands down, in my opinion! What an absoulte legend. :thumleft:

PS No posts since 2014, what on earth happened to all the shed fetishists?!
By PeteSpencer
Blackheath Bloke wrote
PS No posts since 2014, what on earth happened to all the shed fetishists?!

I moved house and my three sheds and a greenhouse dropped to one small shed still full of cr ap from the move.

On the plus side however I got a large study/man cave in the house with fridge and sky/TV /broadband piped in......

Peter :thumleft: