For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
A year or so off launch, the first ever 2WD-only Landrover product

Rob P
By Jim Jones
That's got to be up there with the 911 Estate. Why risk their core credibility like this?
By wessex boy
That looks like the original Range Rover Storm project that turned into something else entirely (the Range Rover Sport)
Shame I am not still going to Solihull & Gaydon regularly, would have probably seen then shuffling around
By Rob P
It's immediate forebear was the LRX Concept, shown at Detroit in 2008

By wessex boy
Yes, saw some drawings of that a few years ago at Solihull
By Ragwing
They did make some rear wheel drive Series 2 or was it the 2a for the Mersey Tunnel Police, had a dummy front axle so its not the first.
By Boing_737
I was looking info on the Series Landie that was 2 wheel drive, and discovered this gem on Wikipedia while reading about the Series 2:
This was the first Land Rover to receive the attention of Rover's styling department

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Steve D
I thought the LRX was to be some sort of clever hybrid, and that it would still have 4WD by virtue of having one axle electrically driven, just not the trad Landy permanent 4x4. Have I misunderstood, or has the design spec. changed during development?
By Rob P
Hybrid / electric still on the way by all accounts

Rob P
By wessex boy
The Range Rover Sport was initially drawn up as the Range Rover Storm by the felt tip fairies, and the styling looked much closer to the LRX than the 'Honey I shrunk the Rangey' style of the Sport