For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob S
I had been going to enter a team but my mate has got stage fright!

Anyway they are recruiting for the 4th series - if you e-mail contestants@presentable.co.uk you should get an application form.

If anyone is interested in putting a team in then I am up for it, but I must confess having watched the final last Monday I am not sure how useful I would have been!

Rob S
By Vince C
M GD T TH N VWLS RND!
By Rob S
SM
By kanga
BBC4 has just started repeating the 2008 (1st ?) series: 1930 daily. I hadn't seen the one shown tonight (Monday) before. I reckon that the questions were not as difficult, nor the 2 teams as good, as those from the latest series, but still entertaining.
By Rob S
Ah you have helped me there. I taped it knowing I hadn't seen it but assuming it was new or the last series. haven't watched it yet.

VC had longer hair by the look of it back then, so did Victoria Coren!

Rob S
By harry remmington
TV Review: Only Connect, BBC Four, Monday, 20 October, 8.30pm ...
I've seen some high-end toss in my life, but nothing compares to the stagnant pond water with a dead swan that is Only Connect (BBC Four, Monday
By David Viewing
(1st ?) series: 1930 daily.

Was it made as long ago as 1930? I thought that Victoria looked young in it.
By kanga
OC fans may enjoy this (Miss Coren's excerpts from her teenage diaries):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... ria_Coren/

I, too, may admire Miss Riley's mental arithmetic on Countdown (although Miss C's expertise at Poker suggests she can do probabilities pretty fast!), but this programme suggests to me that the witticisms on OC are more likely to have been unscripted than those on Countdown
By Vince C
I heard the programme. She's a smart lady!
By Neil MacG
My son was in a team called the Hitchikers who entered in Series 2 or 3 (aired in Dec 09/Jan 10). They did quite well getting to the semi finals.

I enjoyed it - but then I was rather biased.

Neil
By kanga
I know of individuals in 2 different aspirant teams, both of which have now been invited for audition (which not all applicants are - there's apparently a paper sift on the applications). So I assume that a new series has been commissioned .. :D
By kanga
kanga wrote:I know of individuals in 2 different aspirant teams, both of which have now been invited for audition ..

of those 2 teams, one has now heard that they have not been accepted for the new series :x (but enjoyed the auditions, and liked the production team); while the other has been, and has a date to record later this month :) .
By kanga
(fellow-)fans of Miss Coren may like to know that she is a guest on BBC R4 'Saturday Live', on at the moment (Sat, 0900-1000); presumably on Listen Again idc

As on Only Connect, she seems entertaining by being unaffectedly genial without being contrivedly witty.
By kanga
shame that Ms Coren was scarcely able to get a word in edgeways (or was edited out) on HIGNFY yesterday.. :( I am assured by OC contestants whom I have known that she has a most engaging and spontaneous, but not malicious, wit, on- and -off-camera, with much being edited out

.. but, according to RT, she is to be on 'Would I lie to you ?', after HIGNFY, next Fri .. :)
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Is there the later edition on Beeb2 - there may be more of her in that. Compared to most occasional guests, I thought she actually got more air time.