For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Sharpie
I'm very happy for them but bu*gger, I thought I might have a chance there (if I could wrestle her away from Smorley..)
By kanga
latest RT:

a. has a 'wall' puzzle on the usual puzzles page, and says that this will be a regular feature from now on

[even better: that this was voted by a sample of RT readers as the new puzzle which they would most like to see; so both RT and BBC bosses should know that there is a horde of fans who would be very cross if BBC4 were to be axed (as is/was threatened, according to rumour) and OC with it :( ]

b. says that a new series of OC will be being screened from August :) :) :)
By kanga
Latest RT (25-31 Aug) confirms new series starts Mon 27 Aug, 2030 BBC4 :D :D :D

RT reviewer describes Ms Coren's intro as 'more insouciantly eccentric than ever' :thumright:
By kanga
new series starts next week .. :)

Mon 13 May BBC4 2030

[immediately following 3rd 'Flying Archaeologist', this one from Adrian's Wall area]
By Steve D
kanga wrote:Latest RT (25-31 Aug) confirms new series starts Mon 27 Aug, 2030

Seems a long time to wait. Not sure if my PVR allows me to set 17 years in advance. :wink:
By kanga
latest RT suggests that in next OC (Mon 29 Jul, BBC4, 2030), a semifinal, there will be some fiendish questions, one of which the contestants get to VC's great surprise.

Still the best (challenging and entertaining) quiz programme on TV .. :)
By kanga
5 of the 'special' OCs (eg series champions from different series against each other, or against teams from other quiz shows) are being reshown next week, according to latest RT: 1930, BBC2, Mon-Fri
By pb6797
kanga wrote:new series starts next week .. :)

Mon 13 May BBC4 2030

[immediately following 3rd 'Flying Archaeologist', this one from Adrian's Wall area]

Genuine question - where is Adrian's Wall and what is it?
By kanga
pb6797 wrote:
kanga wrote:.., this one from Adrian's Wall area]

Genuine question - where is Adrian's Wall and what is it?

well, I could say that it was because I'm genuinely antipathetic to the initial 'h' in Latin words, as the ancients were not always consistent in its use and it had been dropped in early versions of modern Italian :) ; but it was, of course, a typo .. :oops:
By kanga
Latest RT notes that OC, now on BBC 2 not 4 of course, is now getting live audience of 2+ million, although 'against EastEnders'; and that therefore is probably the BBC's most cost-effective programme in cost-to-audience size terms

:thumright:

(I'm told that team members are paid £1 each in return for signing away all rights to original and repeat broadcasting revenue share!)
By PaulB
It was indeed. The second wall was very tricky and I'd never heard of mountweazels before.

I wonder if Ms Mizon gets the tattoo?
kanga liked this