For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PaulB
kanga wrote:shame that Ms Coren was scarcely able to get a word in edgeways (or was edited out) on HIGNFY yesterday.. :( I am assured by OC contestants whom I have known that she has a most engaging and spontaneous, but not malicious, wit, on- and -off-camera, with much being edited out

.. but, according to RT, she is to be on 'Would I lie to you ?', after HIGNFY, next Fri .. :)

HIGNFY was quite good this week.... loads of material!! Louise Mensch was no match for the other panel members, though she tried hard.

VC was indeed on WILTY which followed. I don't see often but it was quite funny. I thought she was good although a little taken aback when she thought the orchidometer was actually going to be used!! She did however recover quickly!
By kanga
I happened to meet one of of the former OC teams whom I know: he tells me that a number of former contestant teams (including that one) have been invited back to film some 'specials' .. :)
By kanga
Dave W wrote:
kanga wrote:... invited back to film some 'specials' .. :)

Really? :shock:

oh, the OC contestants whom I know are far too cerebral for that sort of 'special' (although VC did flirt with one of them both off (and, a bit, on) camera) .. :)
By kanga
[fellow-]fans of Ms Coren may like to know that she is hosting another series of 'Heresy', starting (according to new RT) next Weds (30 Nov) , 1830, BBC R4
By kanga
Best series yet ending with Final on Monday, but I reckon that best tie was that for 3rd between the 2 losing semi-finalists last week. One answer was so brilliant that VC was clearly astonished that anyone had got it in time

[yes, I realise that some Forumites will have been put off by the fact that the winners of latter called themselves 'The Trades Unionists' .. :) ]

Standard of contestants has got better & better. They are clearly now way out of my league! But it's still the most entertaining and erudite (rare combination ..) TV quiz show for 'amateurs'* which I've known.

[*I did recognise 2 former high-achievers from WWTBAM in one team, though]

Latest RT (10-16 Dec) shows, for Mon 12 Dec, 2 'Wall only' specials for former contestants (BBC4 2030-2100 and 2200-2230). I know members of one team who have been invited back.
By PaulB
Did you notice that in the 3rd/4th place play off, one team was called the Listeners because of their liking for The Listener crossword. The captain of their opponents, the aforementioned Trade Unionists, had previously compiled a Listener crossword!
By Vince C
Brilliant series. Ms Coren does it for me! :thumright: Love her little 'asides' re her 'habits'. :D
By Sharpie
Yep, Vicky is right at the top of my dinner list! If only we could get our diaries to tie up..
By kanga
"Sports Relief" ('celebrity') special tonight (Mon 19 Mar)

2030, BBC4
By PaulB
I enjoyed the sport relief special.....

However, there's bad news for lovers of Miss Coren.
By Jim Jones
PaulB wrote:I enjoyed the sport relief special.....

However, there's bad news for lovers of Miss Coren.

So that's how I find out whose ignore list I'm on..... :(
By PaulB
Jim Jones wrote: So that's how I find out whose ignore list I'm on..... :(

Sorry, Jim.... crossed in the post as it were. I don't ignore anyone. (I do wish the forum had an ignore thread feature, though!)