For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
Have yet to dispense with the PVR for recording the odd programme so still stuck with two remotes.

As the tele and my desktop PC are on the same network, why can't I record to that?

Rob P
By PaulB
Very impressive thread resurrection from more than 12 years ago, there @Pete L
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Interestingly we still have the same 46 inch LCD HDTV Sony Council House telly smart (ish) bought as a result of collective forum input 12 years ago and still going strong....

Along with the PVR with freeview (Sony of course) bought at the same time,at a pretty massive 'offer' discount so we have the facility to record four channels at a time, and play/record onto DVDS.

Still haven't watched half the stuff I've recorded.

Peter
By morticiaskeeper
I live in a council house, or Housing Association as they are these days.

I'm feeling a bit left out, mine is only 32", and it's at least 5 years old.

And the fish tank is more appealing :-)
By flyingdoug
morticiaskeeper wrote:I live in a council house, or Housing Association as they are these days.

I'm feeling a bit left out, mine is only 32", and it's at least 5 years old.

I also live in a council house. I bought my 32" Sony TV through staff purchases when I worked for them back in 2006 and it's still going strong. Anything new or bigger would be a waste of flying tokens (same logic applies to the TV and the house)!
By GrahamB
Artschool wrote:what I find interesting is that I bought a Sony television at Christmas and the prices have improved a bit since 2005 :D

I don't see what's so surprising in that.

I haggled hard with the local branch of Dixons back in 1987 to get a Sony 26" CRT telly for £500, so we could take advantage of the NICAM stereo which was just being rolled out around then.

Similarly, I'm sure I could buy a fridge and washing machine now for what we paid when we set up home in the late seventies. .
By Pete L
Large white consumer goods have got relatively cheaper. We spend the savings on tiny computers with embedded radio modems and broadcast our every movement to grateful government agencies and corporations. It would been cheaper to have shaved a barcode into the top of me 'ead and let them do it by satellite.