For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By eltonioni
Just to cheer everyone up, there's something else to get hysterical about. How long before zoos are shamed into euthanising their cheeky chappies? :roll:

By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It's like no-one knew about the publicly available NOIDs list before COVID. There was cholera in Birmingham most months for about 2 decades. Nothing to worry about with prompt response.

Media capitalising on fears of disease again, so to persuade us to talk ourselves into disaster again. 10% inflation nowt to do with Ukraine. More to do with knee jerk shutdown for 2 years. Man made BS disaster. Like the guy said likely no more than 100 cases. But now we have been primed to fear trivial events.

This is controversial but I wonder how much diagnosis of this monkey pox is being slowed by online appointments (or people avoiding seeing a doctor because they are scared of other things) - This would have maybe been nipped in the bud otherwise?

Right see you in ten pages now I've thrown that incendiary grenade in. :lol: you are a bit of an anarchist Eltonioni.

Just don't get me started on this Carp, can we have a return to freedom please:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/0 ... nas-mercy/
Last edited by StratoTramp on Fri May 20, 2022 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By StratoTramp
Exactly. Everything in the world is better than it has ever been (except GA). It's just a case of continuing the upward trajectory and not being derailed by XR.

We can always improve, but the world is in a better state than ever. It's not doom and gloom like the above with their agendas want you to believe. But like most things it's hearts and minds (and consistency)
Last edited by StratoTramp on Fri May 20, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By eltonioni
So we establish basic facts on Page 1, is monkeypox really a thing to be concerned about for everyone / anyone?
By StratoTramp
No. Not at 1 in 100 fatalities and the way it spreads.

I think the concern is why it wasn't picked up sooner (WFH and other lockdown related society shredding issues).

It's the lead time that is suffering in all this. People are taking the same time or being more efficient with THEIR job. It is the gaps in-between the cycle time that are killing everything. People are starting their job at a delayed point in time.
By PeteSpencer
Media seems to have rowed back on early UKHSA report that 'a notable proportion of early cases have been detected in gay and bisexual men' and that the UKHSA is urging this community as well as MSM (had to look that up) to be alert.
That WHO are reporting global death rate of 10% has also
been forgotten.

Fear of being accused of homophobia maybe?
By johnm
As so often the CDC has quite a lot of useful information.......
By Paul_Sengupta
StratoTramp wrote:No. Not at 1 in 100 fatalities and the way it spreads.

"In Africa, monkeypox has been shown to cause death in as many as 1 in 10 persons who contract the disease."
By chevvron
I blame it on Putin.
He has got his scientists to devise a new strain of the disease which although apprently not virulent is highty contagious in order to try to divert attention from his murderous intentions elsewhere.
StratoTramp liked this
By StratoTramp
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
StratoTramp wrote:No. Not at 1 in 100 fatalities and the way it spreads.

"In Africa, monkeypox has been shown to cause death in as many as 1 in 10 persons who contract the disease."

I thought they said this is a milder varient.

1 in 10 is media / gov psyops going into overdrive like covid. Something they have admitted and said was wrong for covid. Along with their completely wrong and Carp modeling. To unnecessary scare an entire population with BS.

Ready to make money for our favourite marmite nurse.

@chevvron I was joking about that earlier.
By Rob P
I would be very cross if I died from monkeypox because of the embarrassment of having that as cause of death on the certificate. :oops:

Rob P
T6Harvard, MikeB, eltonioni and 1 others liked this