For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
Eurovision. Gosh.

Rob P
By Rob P
Iceman wrote:What was the gosh factor ?

Ummm...

You sort of have to see it ... :bounce:
By Pilot Pete
At the end she says
"Muchas gracias. I will remember this for the rest of my life!"
I think I'll probably remember it for quite a while too.
Thanks Rob. :D
Rob P liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Public sympathy vote gave it to Ukraine , entirely as expected and following long standing political allegiances

.Professional music jury gave it to UK

Wonder where next years contest will be held ? :wink:
By PeteSpencer
Rob P wrote:
Iceman wrote:What was the gosh factor ?

Ummm...

You sort of have to see it ... :bounce:

Hope she bleached it.,,,,,, :shock:
By Rob P
Iceman wrote:I haven’t seen the rest

You missed little. Pick of the also-rans was undoubtedly Moldova with their tribute to Cotton Eye Joe.

How on earth our falsetto warbler came effectively first after the Ukraine sympathy vote defeats me, but I know nothing about music.

Chanel woz robbed.

Rob P
By akg1486
When searching for "Eurovision 2022" on Youtube, Spain is the second suggestion after Ukraine.

Why didn't the UK enter Samantha Fox in Eurovision back in the day? The 80s were supposedly a more decandent decade than our equal and enlightened times. (Or perhaps there has been no progress?)
By chevvron
Haven't watched it since they binned Lady Saunders aka Countess Catarina, Imperiali dei Principi di Francavilla (Katie Boyle) and never will again.
By PeteSpencer
I was pleased to see that this year Graham Norton reined in the cynicism, nay, sarcasm which had become such a feature of the live commentary over recent years, originally introduced and honed to perfection by Terry Wogan .

Is it any wonder that the Europeans were so anti-British when the whole Eurovision ethos, which they took to their hearts, was being so soundly and constantly mocked. :roll:
By PeteSpencer
JAFO wrote:To be fair though, Peter, mockery is the very best it deserves.

To be fair to whom? The Europhobic brits ?

Or the rest of Europe who embrace it.?