For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Looking for recommendations for a new insurer. NFU started out competitive but despite some gentle chiding are now 6x the cheapest quote and 2x an insurer I'd be prepared to trust might pay out. Needs to be one that can cope with stables, horses, etc.
I have no knowledge nor experience of their availability nor competence for stables etc, but in several decades I've had no complaints over dealings (price, service, ease of occasional claim) with (what are now) LV for vehicles, house and contents.
By johnm
Direct Line and Admiral are useless for "non-standard" needs in my experience, not least because they use the same underwriters.
By PeteSpencer
Direct line investigated a suspect mains water leak in our 5 y o property , dug three holes in our garden , drive and private road found nothing and recommend a new water meter .

Then six months later when the mains supply pipe in our house let go at 10 pm on a Saturday had someone on the job in 90 mins .

All without a single email and all done on the phone .

All pretty non standard but we admittedly don’t have horses.

Still to get renewal quote for this year though :shock:
By GrahamB
When were were looking to insure two properties, one our home and the other let out as a holiday cottage, NFU Mutual were three times the cost of insuring them separately with different companies.