For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
I have seemingly retired from my lifelong career as a marcomms genius. It was huge fun while it lasted and I'm eternally grateful to the odd quirk of fate that swerved me away from the career in purchasing that I was foolishly heading towards.

However it seems there is to be one last hurrah as a family member has asked for help with their enterprise (day centres for youngsters with learning issues)

Literature, local PR and all that good stuff I am comfortable with, but if anyone current could pass on the hints and tips of using Google Ads in a local context it could be a great time saver for me.

Rob P
By kanga
I may have a successful but subconscious visual filter, but I've not noticed any both 'unsolicited' (ie, unrelated to a recent personal Google query) and specifically 'local' advertising from Google ads. I both get and occasionally submit 'local' PR/advertising through (very) local (and locally moderated) Facebook groups. I assume they exist in most areas. Apologies if such were already known and in hand.
Rob P liked this
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I think it depends what you have "enabled" on Google settings. If "track location" is enabled then local businesses are pushed for sure - it was noticable after using google-maps one afternoon on my GFs phone.

Regards, SD..
By rikur_
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
kanga wrote:
> I may have a successful but subconscious visual filter, but I've not
> noticed any both 'unsolicited' (ie, unrelated to a recent personal Google
> query) and specifically 'local' advertising from Google ads. I both get and
> occasionally submit 'local' PR/advertising through (very) local (and
> locally moderated) Facebook groups. I assume they exist in most areas.
> Apologies if such were already known and in hand.

Just to confirm Google ads can be targeted either at specific areas or radius from a given point.
Google uses a range of information to estimate the location of a user when targeting ads.
Rob P, kanga liked this