For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
My only experience of this device has been Googling it just now as a result of your post. It looks pretty cool.

What's a 'dashboard'?

Surely Apple make one pretty much the same at seven times the price. Will you try that next?

Rob P
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A dashboard is commonly a tablet or monitor where you can observe irrelevant information such as temperature in different rooms, status of solar panel and battery of the house etc.

That is why for that sort of stuff PC/Android suffices.

Computing or other stuff with which I need to earn money is where possible Apple. Saves time and thus money.

In 19 years of AvMeds there have been zero (0/nil) problems due to Apple Computing problems - Compare that with weekly sho1te with PCs not starting etc etc etc for clinical work where there is no Apple alternative. And that is not because I skimp on the hardware.
By PeteSpencer
Have you linked it to 'Alexa' ?

That opens up all sorts of options;
We have a small Echo show (Echo5) in our kitchen which on demand will display from all the Ring cameras around the house, notify us if there is some one at the front door before they ring as well as tell us the weather forecast and provide a menu for dinner tonight.

In addition to show all my photos, open any radio station and play anything from Amazon music.

I actually wish I'd bought a bigger screen.....
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By PeteSpencer
Except that mine is shaped like a Toblerone on steroids, is mains powered and sits permanently on our kitchen island.

Not really ‘tablety’ :wink:

More an Alexa with a screen - can do voice activated FaceTime style calls.

And it cost less than fifty quid .
By Flyin'Dutch'
[usermention=441]@skydriller[/usermention] Ish - no doubt a tablet can do same and with an additional program (name forgotten) be even better than this thing but this is more or less ready out of the box without having to sort out stuff which some may find interesting but for me would just equate to time lost for other things I enjoy doing more.

In addition other family members are even less tech savvy than me and are able to use this with the ease required for them to use this (family calendar/shifts/social events)
PeteSpencer liked this