For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Problem is, watching LPL messes up your expectations...

It's like watching an episode of CSI... and wondering how -any- crime goes unsolved.

We lost the key to an unremarkable lock that was securing a shipping container we used for overflow storage. Called a locksmith out expecting him to spend 20 seconds with a lock pick 'click out of one... nothing on two... click out of three... and it's open'.

Instead, he fannied around with it for over an hour, got through multiple drill bits, and then gave up saying he couldn't do it.

Between then and getting another 'locksmith' out, we of course found the key, but the other bloke had made such a mess of the lock, it was rendered useless.

ps. if you haven't watched -all- of his April 1 videos, then you should.
By eltonioni
What I want to know is... is Bosnian Steve real?
By rikur_
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The only 'recommendation' in this thread so far seems to be Yale ENTR, which is a bit ugly for my liking.
I have been looking at the Yale Conexis L1 - but it has really mixed reviews. I'm sure to what extent this is user error vs a product of variable quality. Any experiences from the Parish?
There seem surprisingly few smartlocks for a multipoint locking door, even fewer that look discrete.
The other 'integrated' one that comes up in searches is the Simpled one, but I really don't like how it works, as it completely removes the cylinder and just relies on disconnecting the spindle (so no deadlocking either)