For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Trent772
Hair Cut

Wet Shave

Hot Towel

Nose Wax

Flaming Ear Balls

£23 !

By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
You might need to work on your walrus impersonation.
TheFarmer liked this
By Flintstone
I only once let them do the fireball-in-the-ear'ole thing and that was because I wasn't paying attention. Stories abound of burning meths being flicked down someone's lughole so no thanks.

If your masochistic tendencies run to that sort of thing get your beard line threaded. :(
By The Kissimmee Bum
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
Paul_Sengupta wrote:Wubble.

How painful was the nose wax?

I can vouch that it's bleedin' unpleasant!

Similar treatment around here but substitute the flaming ears for dollops of hot wax stuffed in yer lugs and you will get change from a tenner.
By Trent772
Many years ago, when we were flying the Hajj, the barber in the hotel in Jeddah was called Ali Barber... We used to go for our down route haircuts and he always did the flaming ear thing.

So....

For many years, I frequented Ray's Mens Styling in Orlando, just up from the Florida Hotel, next to Home Despot. Ben Galletti was a proper barber - same age as me, had a quirky shop with all sorts of stuff around the place.

After the demise of TCX and my retirement I suddenly thought - I need a barber in the UK !

My buddy recommended these guys - Kurdish, but operating in the heart of the Jewish area of Leeds - Alwoodley !

Been for a couple of year now and they are superb.

The nose wax..... I pull out on count of 3 Mike.... 3 ! Doesn't hurt. The flaming ear balls are weird - you can hear the hairs frying - like spiders on the BBQ Pete :thumleft:
PeteSpencer liked this
By PeteSpencer
I wouldn’t let anyone with a naked flame within 100 miles of my ears .

Tweezering is quite therapeutic .

And Panasonic do a natty little battery nose hair clipper .

And I haven’t had a wet shave for well over half a century :wink: .

So I reckon I’ve got all bases covered ;

Except the kebab . :roll:
By eltonioni
Enough! :pukel:

/unsubscribefromthread