For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Trent772
Anyhow.....

Back to the thread, they have claimed that my Son signed a deal with them that traps us into their conveyancer and we will have to move forward with that.

I look forward to casting fire and fury post sale via the Ombudsman, soshul meja and the Sunday's...

Oh and maybe a mendacious small claims court action.

Don't meddle with a grumpy retired Yorkshireman...... :pirat:
By Trent772
So, the sale fell through....

Anyone got a recommend for a decent (sic) estate agent in the Manchester area please.

The purple people and their heinous conveyancers were dumped this morning.

Simple sale, 1 bed apartment on Broadway, Salford Quays, cladding certificate OK, leasehold - £135k ish. Yes, you can get a mortgage on it.
By Rob P
I'm afraid you'd have to pay me a lot more than £135k to live in Salford Keys, or indeed anywhere within 40 miles of Manchester.

Rob P
tr7v8, Trent772 liked this
By VRB_20kt
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:I'm afraid you'd have to pay me a lot more than £135k to live…anywhere within 40 miles of Manchester.

Harsh! Shropshire, The Pennines and parts of the Yorkshire Dales are all within 40 miles.
By stevelup
Trent772 wrote:The purple people and their heinous conveyancers were dumped this morning.

I'm still confused... There's no mandatory requirement to use the Purple Bricks conveyancing unless you use their 'Pay Later with Conveyancing' option. Absolutely none whatsoever.

And if you do use that option, well, then, it's completely obvious you're tied into them.

I honestly cannot see any reason -not- to use Purple Bricks. They're cheap and efficient and get the same exposure you'd get from listing the property anywhere else.
By Trent772
Sadly, I believe that is the option my Lad signed for - which, had the conveyancers not been charging 50% more than comparable companies - we would have stayed with them.

The two 'contacts' we had at PB could not write sentences in coherent English, were never in touch and listed it as cash only when all certificates had been shown.

Sorry - a shabby lot.
By stevelup
Fair enough - used them twice, once as a buyer, once as a seller. Zero problems either time, but then I never once needed to contact them. All their communications with third parties during the transactions were quick and accurate as well.

But as is often the case, it's when you need to contact companies with an edge case that you realise if they're any good...

The only other one I've heard of is Strike. They're even cheaper than PB.

https://strike.co.uk/