For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Sir Morley Steven
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Lady M S was until lockdown on the board for appointing Mags in London. She was the lay member. It was always a full and frank exchange of views when discussing candidates and nobody got in on any sort of nod or tick box.
She stopped when it all went Zoom.
Can’t speak for Brighton.
kanga liked this
By TrickyWoo
Indeed. But many are asked if they’ve thought of having a go. If the well-meaning buffer who’d asked me if I’d thought of having a go had also been on the interview panel then fair enough but it was his polar opposite so no alligators of naughtiness from me.

The one (only one) person i met on the observations who I reeeeally thought I would never want to be in front of got in. Firmly held but seemingly instant views on just about anything we discussed, barely had had a job (husband a pilot - long haul - nobody was surprised) and probably never sniffed a wine gun in her life. ‘I want to work on the children’s cases’. (No kids)

In any case I moved from hove to chipping norton and have no plans other than flying, biking and the occasional red trousered trip to the great Metrop. (Ok - jeans so far but I have a Trouser Strategy)
By eltonioni
TrickyWoo wrote:... no alligators of naughtiness from me.

Preserved for posterity. :thumleft:
Mea culpa it's an old army joke (possibly from Peter Ustinov)

Sgt :'Right you lot. Certain h'allegations has been made and I want h'all the h'alligators in front of me right now!'

Along with
'You there stand at attention. There's a bit of **** on the end of this stick'
'Not this end Corporal'

At the risk of moderate offence and huge deviation, there was a certain cook in Germany in the 80s:

Scottish 'customer' calls said cabbage mechanic a Very Rude Word (consonant cluster for the Wordly wise)

Chief food technician 'Did you just call my chef a c...?'
Angry man 'Did you just call that c... a chef?'

Happy days.
eltonioni, Nick liked this
By JAFO
When I was in the RAF, my first lead sensor operator was a gentleman by the name of Mick Muttitt who had originally joined as a wireless operator on Lancasters.

One afternoon in Germany the whole crew was given a lift into the city in a minibus driven by a local.

"I vill collect you here in zis car park at 11PM." He informed us. "Vill you be able to find zis car park?"

"Find it?" Our co-pilot replied. "Mick made it."