For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Rob L wrote:Hogwash.
Meatloaf was dying from obesity and bodily abuse (and recovery thereof) for decades.

True, but if he had been hit by the proverbial London Bus, would he have died of obesity and bodily abuse or of being hit by a bus :D
In 1980, I was having a "gap year" doing something useful and came across "Bat out of Hell" by chance. I've loved it ever since; much for the operatic irony. Given the musical options back then (post-punk etc) it wasn't difficult to like! :eye:
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
akg1486 wrote:Sarah Millican had a joke about a woman with printed knickers On the front it said "I Would Do Anything For Love..." and on the back it said "...But I Won't Do That!".

Which reminds me of the lady who bought a pair of knickers from C & A on Oxford Street (remember them?) but took them back as she wasn't sure which was the correct way round to put them on................................. :wink:
By mick w
PeteSpencer wrote:
akg1486 wrote:Sarah Millican had a joke about a woman with printed knickers On the front it said "I Would Do Anything For Love..." and on the back it said "...But I Won't Do That!".

Which reminds me of the lady who bought a pair of knickers from C & A on Oxford Street (remember them?) but took them back as she wasn't sure which was the correct way round to put them on................................. :wink:

Well M & S usually have the Label on the left :wink: I've been wearing stuff from them since it said St Michael on em . :thumright:
By AndyR
Miscellaneous wrote:
malcolmfrost wrote:...if he had been hit by the proverbial London Bus, would he have died of obesity and bodily abuse or of being hit by a bus :D

Why neither, he'd have died of covid. :wink:

According to a newspaper headline today, he did.
By leiafee
I was listening to Bat of Hell as a teen when life was a unsafe misery at home and music all felt terribly meaningful and escapist so I do have a soft spot.

Put the album on a little later in the day after hearing of his death and rememebered every damn word!

There was certainly something there that caught a feeling.

Very talented performer.