For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Many thanks Strato. :thumright:

StratoTramp wrote:DaVinci 17 is free

Does DaVinci import .360 files? I'm more familiar with Mac editing software, however if I could avoid having to export them from GoPro Player as mp4 prior to importing... :thumright: But then I'd probably have to reframe in GP Player anyway?

StratoTramp wrote:Did you catch they bit about removing the distortion. If you click on the key frame you have set a box with a slider should come in above it and you should be able to remove some of the fisheye.

I did. :thumright:

StratoTramp wrote:Looks like great weather :thumleft:

It was, quite a bit of low lying cloud and mist around that day with the Severn bridges sticking through. Flying directly in to sun wasn't pleasant. :shock: Nice complaint to have though. :D
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Many tangents have been drifted down on this thread! In the very first post, Misc said he used FCP on his Mac.

FCP has had native support for 360 video for years (at least 2015 if not earlier).

However, it cannot read the GoPro proprietary .360 files. But it's quite simple to solve.

Use the 'Batch Export' function in GoPro player:-

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-t ... a-p/539581

You'll end up with a .MOV file that FCP will be happy with.

Then do a 'File > New > Project' and make sure the 'Set based on first video clip properties' is selected by video, then select one of your converted 360 clips and you should be good to go.
Cheers, @stevelup, I was disappointed at not being able to directly import to FCP. I'll give the batch export a go. Although I don't think FCP can reframe the way GP player does. There is a reframe function, not sure it's the same thing though.
By russp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
While it’s usually quite possible to edit 360 footage directly in the better video editing suites, adobe premier and Davinci resolve it’s not very intuitive and hugely resource hungry with enormous rendering times unless you have a very powerful pc. I’ve found it’s actually much easier and quicker to make a number of smaller clips in the cameras editing software and import these into the editing suite to build up your final video.
StratoTramp liked this
russp wrote:I’ve found it’s actually much easier and quicker to make a number of smaller clips in the cameras editing software and import these into the editing suite to build up your final video.

I settled on the solution suggested by @stevelup. I use the batch export function in GoPro Player and then use iMovie. Following the Final Cut Pro trial I decided not to buy it. Had FCP imported the GoPro 360 files I may well have bought it for that alone. As it is I find iMovie gives me all I need.