For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
*smugface*

My first ever 2 this morning.

Rob P
Pete L, T6Harvard liked this
By JAFO
After seeing @Rob P's post, I had a look at today's. On the third line I had all five letters and not one of them was in the right place. So, I got it in four.
T6Harvard, Rob P liked this
By Cessna571
Is it me, or is it getting harder now it’s “set” rather than random ?

WHY would the nytimes pay money for a perfectly good game, and then mess it up?

When finding yesterday’s hard, it does make you start saying “oh, have they set a double letter” or “an ‘xy’ so that there’s only 1 vowel.”

One of the setters of the Waitrose crossword (I know, I know) is easily recognisable because they try to be “clever”, and they’re obviously not.
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyingfemme wrote:Quite an anglophile solution, I thought. Contrary to the allegations of yankeeficiation.

Yes, I got to line 4 and thought surely it's not xxxxx? Is that a word in the US. Seems it is!
By nallen
T6Harvard wrote:Is that a word in the US. Seems it is!

Merriam-Webster is your friend for these things: https://www.merriam-webster.com/
T6Harvard liked this
By Rob P
Well, that's my streak blown. :(

Got today's in 6. But, as elsewhere, my mobile is defunct and so playing today on an old phone reset my 50 (I think) streak back to zero.

Away you go @Pete L You have your target.

Rob P
By Pete L
My streak is long gone - didn't play every day - but still 100% with 16 to go then.