For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By TrickyWoo
Got lewdle in 3 today. Thought it can’t be that and it was then said the site said ‘where did you learn that word!?’ and I’ve no idea. Must be some sort of profanity savant.
By Rob P
4.4 I'm afraid :(

Rob P
Miscellaneous liked this
By avtur3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Had to go to my last guess for the first time today ...

For someone who hates reading and is so incapable for anything to do with language I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this ...
T6Harvard, mick w liked this
By Milty
3 today without needing to think too much. Other times, takes me ages.
By akg1486
If you think it's too easy, try finding a game in another language than your native. That's what I do when playing in English. :D

Got it in three today: very happy with that.
T6Harvard, Flyingfemme, kanga and 1 others liked this
By T6Harvard
Clever choice of first word :mrgreen: and getting the last vowel in the right place on the second line left me with only 2 viable options for the 3rd line. I picked the wrong one so 4 today. Still 100%

MrT6 has English as a second language (he's a Scouser), I'll see how he gets on :lol:
By kanga
akg1486 wrote:If you think it's too easy, try finding a game in another language than your native. That's what I do when playing in English. :D

:thumright:

Does the Swedish version (I assume there is one) treat the inflected vowels (a/å/ä and o/ö ) as different ?
By A4 Pacific
akg1486 wrote:If you think it's too easy, try finding a game in another language than your native. That's what I do when playing in English. :D

Yeah. Try doing one in Mandarin! :oops:

Apparently it’s not catching on. They’re not keen on crosswords either! :lol:

Which is why sudoku was invented. A crossword for people with no vocabulary! :lol:
kanga, Milty liked this
By akg1486
kanga wrote:

:thumright:

Does the Swedish version (I assume there is one) treat the inflected vowels (a/å/ä and o/ö ) as different ?

Å. Ä and Ö are vowels in their own right, so different from other diacritic marks. "É" is for example not its own letter, it's just a regular "E" with an actute accent. The same goes umlauts on "U": not its own letter. Accents, tremas and circumflexes on vowels are really only used in loanwords. As many languages, Swedish (unlike English) also considers "Y" to be a vowel.

I don't know if there's a Swedish version of Wordle yet. It wouldn't surprise me. As I wrote some pages back, we had a gameshow in the 90s with the exact same rules.

The letter "W" is special in Swedish: it's used (sparingly), but in dictionaries it's considered the same letter as "V" and we don't say it if reciting the alphabet. It has its own pronounciation in the radio telephony alphabet that we use when using Swedish phraseology.

There's more to say, but I doubt anyone except @kanga would be interested. :lol:
kanga liked this
By akg1486
A4 Pacific wrote:

Yeah. Try doing one in Mandarin! :oops:

Apparently it’s not catching on. They’re not keen on crosswords either! :lol:

Which is why sudoku was invented. A crossword for people with no vocabulary! :lol:

<pedant mode on>
Sudoku was reportedly invented in the US, but it got its name and widespread popularity in Jaoan where they, as you say, aren't big on crossword puzzles.
<pedant mode off>
By VRB_20kt
There appears to be some debate whether Maki Kaji who died last year or Howard Garn (d.1989) was the inventor of Sudoku,
By Milty
3 today. Stupid game, luck driven. See you all here tomorrow… :D
T6Harvard liked this